What the heck is going on?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scottbeach

Contributor
Reaction score
Alright, alright....

I just returned from Cozumel and easily 90% of the people on every dive boat and 98% of the people at the pool bar were from Texas!

A few questions:
Are they handing free tickets on the streets?

Is every Texan taught how to chain smoke Cubans and drink Dos Equis with tabasco sauce?

Is this a subtle plot to infiltrate Cozumel, raise the lone star flag, and create a private little nirvana?

Originally posted by scottbeach
Alright, alright....

I just returned from Cozumel and easily 90% of the people on every dive boat and 98% of the people at the pool bar were from Texas!

A few questions:
Are they handing free tickets on the streets?

Is every Texan taught how to chain smoke Cubans and drink Dos Equis with tabasco sauce?

Is this a subtle plot to infiltrate Cozumel, raise the lone star flag, and create a private little nirvana?

Dang...and I told those ol' boys to be more sneaky about the take over! :D

In reality...there's been a run on really cheap fares lately. Like $99 r/t from Dallas and San Antonio. They do this about once a year in the really hot slow season.

Someone forgot to tell the tourists that it was the slow season... The Iberostar was 14 rooms overbooked on Saturday and their properties in Playa del Carmen were full too. Dressel Divers, the on-site dive shop was running 4 boats on afternoon dives including 2 boats each with a 24 diver + 3 DM capacity. They had to use two other dive shops for overflow. It was unbelievably busy!

I always knew you Texans were looking for a little more reef than the Flower Gardens!!!

May through Sept. was considered the slow season for a long time, most of the hotel prices changed for those months. But I notice you're right...the high season has been extended. Some of the hotels are now listing it as....

SEASONS:
LOW: Sept 1st - Dec 23rd
HIGH: Jan 1st- Aug. 31st
Holidays include Christmas and Easter

Whatever you call it, I still prefer Coz in October - January.

In answer to your questions:

Número Uno: Sí, casi.

Número Dos: Sí, and I put lime juice and Maggi's seasoning en la cerveza también, y salt the rim of the glass.

Número Tres: Sí (¡Viva la Revolución!)

:para:

Sounds good to me! Just remember your friends in Michigan were very supportive during the little Alamo problem you had years back. Plus we have plenty of fresh water for mixed drinks!:loopy:

Well, Texas and Mexico are neighbors, we borrow a cup of sugar from them all the time :tease:
Ranz

Not to mention squabble over Rio Grande water rights....before we get the 100-year flood.

Cozumel is such a great place and so close to Texas, how could we not focus on it as our numero uno trip. Plus the low rates Dee is speaking of. I just booked a trip for the end of August at $99.00 for the airfare. ($202.00 after taxes)

I was joking with the wife that I need to buy a place down there. We were just there for a week at the beginning of July now I am going back by myself for four days of diving. At the rates they currently offer from Texas we can't even go elsewere in the state for the same price.

Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom