What to do with 2 steel tanks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You will die if you use these tanks. To protect your health I would suggest you let my friend in Houston go ahead and take these off your hands.:eyebrow:

Really, go to the second shop they gave you good advice. Do not trash the tanks unless the fail hydro and vis. The second shop could probably give you a good idea of the condition with a quick glance inside before you paid for a hydro and complete vis.

I don't know if I would return to the original shop with the advice that they gave you (especially since it was the owner.)

But still if you want me to aid in protecting you health I would gladly dispose of two steel tanks for you.:D

Ron and Thal, I am a fellow Texan to the OP so yall should let me take these "worthless tanks" off of his hands.

A sure sign your LDS was wrong; When you post the story on SB and everyone answers "I agree, Ill take the junk off your hands for nothing"

For nothing? Hell, I'll pay the shipping and packing.

before i say which shop it was, let me just say, the instructors i've had experience with through this shop have been good. it's just the customer service factor i've had issues with to this point.

it's Diver's Paradise, in Webster Tx.....

the second shop i'm probably going to start using is Sport Divers, which is right across the street, lol....

For nothing? Hell, I'll pay the shipping and packing.

Really you wouldn't want to put him through the hassle of shipping when I can just pick them up. Do you really want to pay shipping with the new house and all?? Maybe you could use the money for a lamp or something.:D

Naw, I'll pay shipping. I'll even send someone to pick them up ... in a limo.

Really you wouldn't want to put him through the hassle of shipping when I can just pick them up. Do you really want to pay shipping with the new house and all?? Maybe you could use the money for a lamp or something.:D

He could be purchasing a Lamp Base! :rofl3::rofl3:

There is no evidence one way or the other that would suggest these tanks are good. If they have sat empty for 15 years, and built up condensation inside there is a good chance they are bad.

OTOH, I'd pay $30 a pop on that chance. If they are good, than those are some nice steel tanks that I think would look much better on my BP/W than on anyone else! :rofl3:

Naw, I'll pay shipping. I'll even send someone to pick them up ... in a limo.

All right if he decides to ignore everyone's (except the original dive shop) advice I guess he can enjoy putting them in a limo for you. Maybe I'll start driving a limo and they could be lost in transit.

Back
Top Bottom