What to do with 2 steel tanks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trust me, i've already rethought this, and i'm going to go through a different dive shop.

actually this reminds me, i still don't have my aow cert card from padi (certified in november.) is there a padi rep on this board?

If you can get that manifold off of your friend I might trade you two valves and cash for it.

Where in Florida are you doing your cavern cert?

he kept the manifold cause he was putting it on some other tanks.

My cavern course is part of my AAUS cert. dives. we'll be at Morrison Springs, Jackson Blue, Peacock and Orange Grove, and Ginnie Springs...atleast that's the tentative schedule. I'll be at the Navy dive school in Panama City the week before to learn about their training program.

Will,
You said in OP that one tank had a yoke valve and one was DIN? If that is the case then they are probably 3442psi tanks with the 3/4 valve thread. If this is the case and they pass hydro, PM me and I'll send you an insert for free. I have been converting everything to DIN and have several of these laying around. You may also consider converting your reg to DIN, especially if you intend to do any tech diving.
You got a great deal in my opinion.
Safe Dives
Charlie

Will,
You said in OP that one tank had a yoke valve and one was DIN? If that is the case then they are probably 3442psi tanks with the 3/4 valve thread.

I was under the impression that the 3442 PSI style was introduced well after 1993. :confused:

one has a din valve, the other is valve-less.

i'm not really going into tech diving (well, at this point anyways), reason why i'm getting a cavern cert. is because my AAUS instructor is also a cavern instructor and he incorporates it into the course dives.

one has a din valve, the other is valve-less.

i'm not really going into tech diving (well, at this point anyways), reason why i'm getting a cavern cert. is because my AAUS instructor is also a cavern instructor and he incorporates it into the course dives.
Oh, AAUS eh. Well ... speaking a founder of that august body and a former DSO, I have to tell you that you must immediately turn those unapproved cylinders over to your DSO for safekeeping until I can arrange for their proper disposition. Clear?:wink:

trust me, i've already rethought this, and i'm going to go through a different dive shop.

actually this reminds me, i still don't have my aow cert card from padi (certified in november.) is there a padi rep on this board?

Hijacking your own thread! :rofl3:

On the PADI website, you can see your current status. You can also let them know that you never received your card if your status is OW. However I'd contact the LDS first, and ask them when they put in the paperwork.

PADI will reissue cards, but they are very expensive for what they are, I think about $30.

I was under the impression that the 3442 PSI style was introduced well after 1993. :confused:

Oops,
Didn't pay any attention to the original hydro date. My bad.

Back
Top Bottom