What was your greatest dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

k ellis

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Of all the dives in your diving career what was the best dive ever - when and where

I don't have one that I can say was best. There are 3 that are tied for "best." They are: (1) night dive with the mantas (Hawaii), (2) basic dive in Kauai in which an infant whale shark showed up during our surface interval and played with us for 20 minutes, (3) Dos Ojos, the cenote in Riviera Maya.

So far I'd have to say Fish Bowl off Puerto Galera, PI

The site itself wasn't so interesting, but the combination of it being my first (real) dive on doubles, deepest (50m) dive to date, first deco dive, first (real) dive with a stage bottle - oh, and getting rather narc'd; and singing Happy Birthday at 45m with my buddies for one of the divers whose birthday it was :) - definitely made it a fun and memorable experience

I can't really pick ONE dive as my "best", I have had so many great and diverse dives that comparing them isn't possible. Best wreck dive compared with best macro critter dive? Best shark encounter dive vs best kelp dive? Best fish encounter dive vs best deep dive?

Maybe your question should be "what is your personal favorite dive ever and why?" or "what is your most memorable dive ever? or "what dive made you say - this is the whole reason I dive!!!?"

:D

Not that I have too many dives in my log book, but my favorite so far has been Orange Canyon, Grand Cayman. Amazing color, and my first deep dive (100 ft)

I would have to say there are several dives, one was in Cayman Brac that we spent a dive with a dolphin that let us touch it, another was the night dive with the Mantas, another was Kilibob's near the Father's reef off New Britain/PNG, and another was Steve's Bommie when a Minke whale swam underneath me in Australia. Then there's the one in the Red Sea when we encountered a hugh Napolean wrasse, and the one off South Africa in the Indian Ocean when my wife signals shark and I turn around to see a shark about 14 ft. long.......I guess I could on and on. To say one was the greatest would be very difficult.

Hi...All my dives are Greate,More thath 1,000 dive in Warm Water with 60 to 100 vis.

I hope my greatest dive will always be the next one.

I only have a few dives on my log, but I will never forget my check out dives... the fear, the nervousness, the excitement and the pride feeling of doing it right and getting certified.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom