What was your greatest dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is really hard to rank them, but one of my favorites was my first dive over Bloody Bay Wall in Little Cayman in '05. I could never recapture that moment when I first drifted out over that abyss then turned and saw the spectacular wall in all its glory. Even to fellow divers it is difficult to describe the feeling and the awe. The icing on the cake was that I also saw my first real shark. I had been diving for several years but never saw anything other than nurse sharks. I was also a bit nervous about seeing one.
So, it was toward the end of this amazing wall dive, I looked back at the edge of the wall and the shark just glided by. I was mesmerized. I wasn't scared, I was breathless. In the years since, I have had other encounters - each one special - but there is nothing like the first time:wink:

(not the best pic ever, but it takes me back to the moment).
reef_shark_2a_Cayman_2005.jpg

Of course, there was also the dive with the school of eagle rays...
but that was back in the day (when I shot film instead of digital). Another story for another day.

My most rewarding dives to date have been the Tiger/Lemon dive trip with Shark Diver Magazine this past november at Tiger beach in N. Bahamas. Being in the water with a ton of Lemons and Tigers was amazing. Having a Tiger come up for a rub made me speechless. I didn't want to get out of the water! They truly are gentle giants and very missunderstood!

3125968275_b8209dcd31.jpg

3126791890_fc881d240b.jpg

3125968091_51a2eaa1b9.jpg

3126793990_e16a328391.jpg

Carolyn:shark2:

My first " best dive " was Shark Reef at Rass Mohamed. Then my other "best dive" happened in Bunaken ( Lankuan something - 1or2 or3 ??) but they where so different that i decided that they where equally best.
Then i went to Palau where i earned 3 new " best dive" still absolutely different one from the other: Blue Corner, Peleliu express, Ulong Channel.
Then i went to the Maldives Islands: 45 minutes with mantas trying to dress my hair.
Then i went to Sipadan: barracudda point + dropp of...
Then....
Then...

To come: Rangiroa, Tubataha, Great barrer,New Caledonia, Sudan, Cococs Islands, Komodo, Galapagos..... How many new " best dive" are ther, waiting for me???? :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom