What was your greatest dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Palancar Horseshoe

Got down to 116 feet at one point.. saw some blacktips circling around about 20 feet below me, saw a couple sea turtles, great barracuda, some amazing reefs.. ahh wish I was down there now instead of cooped up in my house hiding from the cold.

have done the andria doria twice have to count the first dive there as my greatest really loved it but second time dove it the ship was disappointing she has fallen apart so bad
Wow, very cool. I would love to hear more about these dives.

I would say Cocos Island in Costa Rica! Greeted by 3 manta rays, seconds after dropping in.
It's hard to explain how good Cocos is. At a lot of really good dive destinations, seeing a shark is the highlight of a dive. During my first dive briefing at Cocos, I saw two dorsal fins on the surface. By the end of ten days you will be bored with hammerheads and whitetips and have your eyes peeled for whale sharks, marlin, Galapagos sharks, blacktips, etc.

My friend Koo said to me as we where backing in the water at Anse Chastenet your going to love this. He had me put my fins on and just kneel in 8ft of water-at the 3min mark I was hooked I have never had that feeling come back. But like any good junkie I'm gonna keep divin, chasing that high. I had never had a reg in my mouth before this event. I got home and certified right away, my lessons will never end.........never had a dive that wasnt the best

Much like Raider11, I don't have many divers under my belt but I was lucky enough to learn in the Maldives in Jan 08. Diving with Black tip and reef sharks was the best...big shark fan. Still, watching a Manta ray gliding past and going on my first night dive were incredible.

Reino Magico off Isla Juventud in Cuba. Dropped into a vertical hole on top of the reef at about 60', exited through a cave (packed with fish!) onto the wall at 143', stoned to the bone. Swam for a minute or so to anther small cave on the wall and ascended up through a tight tube to the top of the reef again.

That is likely to remain a unique experience... I'm older and wiser now, and I have fresh insights into doing that dive using air on an old single steelie ninety minutes' boat ride from the dock.

Top 3:
1. Jackson Reef - Red Sea. Did a drift dive almost around the whole reef, saw my first hammerhead
2. The Bell - Dahab - Red Sea. Amazing life, saw on the same dive 4 different types of rays
3. Belize - forgot the name of the site (need to look it up in my log book) but it was the last dive of the vacation and my buddy and I saw a Manta ray which just performed for us for about 10 min.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom