What was your greatest dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Best ever was at roughly; 11Ž°19′N 142Ž°15′E / 11.317, 142.25. I'd like to know how many have done it. Maybe a handfull.

Gary D.

Were you on the Challenger or Trieste?

Great thread, by the way. I have an active imagination and have really enjoyed the responses.

My best dive was on the wreck Bow Mariner. Its a 600+ foot tanker that exploaded 3 years ago off the coast of Maryland. We were going to hunting for AJ's around the house of the ship. When we got to the bridge and started looking around there were no AJ's. So i wondered into the bridge to get some big black seabass. When out of the corner of my eyes i seen a big yellowfin swim by real slowly and turn its body to me. Well i tought now or never. So i took the shot and stoned the tuna in the lat. line. My brother saw this and inflated his lift bag and hooked it to my gun. As soon as he did the tuna came back to life. We let the bag go and the tuna went to the surface but not without a fight. So my brother put the finishing shot in the head and we went to the surface. Ended up with the fish. It weight in @ 85 pounds. First tuna that i shot. We did the second dive and my brother ended up with a 78 pound AJ. We stayed there overnight and cought 10 more yellows and a 205 LB mako shark on rod and reel. Also that day cought a record tile fish. Weight in @ 65 LB's. That is my best day/night trip for 2008.

have done the andria doria twice have to count the first dive there as my greatest really loved it but second time dove it the ship was disappointing she has fallen apart so bad

My best dive ever was actually a snorkel. We were clinging to the rocks at 120' photographing hammerheads at Cocos when we heard clicking. The dive master signaled us to surface and we all piled into the skiff. A few minutes later we were watching seabirds diving into a sea boiling with baitfish as silky sharks flew from amidst the scrum. We eased into the water in snorkeling gear as a half-dozen dolphins left the huge bait-ball together. Yellowfin tuna zipped through the water, often averting from us at the last second. There were at least 100 silkies in the water, at least a dozen within a few meters of me in every direction, seemingly eyeing me as food. Blacktip and Galapagos sharks circled as well. The bait-ball was still hanging in there 20 or 30 minutes later, when we ceded our spot on its fringe to the other skiff.

My best ever was under a bridge in Florida. I have never seen such huge arrow crabs, coral banded shrimps, mantis shrimp. We even saw decorator crabs, like everywhere. Tons of fish, peacock flounder that just about allowed you to touch them, and more lobster than I have ever seen in 5 places.

some site on Rasdhoo Atoll, Maldives. Didn't know if I should watch the big stuff or the little stuff, there was so much of both at the same time.

Here is just one of mine. Night dive in Cozumel with 2 buddies. Found turtles sleeping in caves and it was a thrill being out over the edge at 90' in the dark, surrounded with an abundance of sea life and toadfish sounding out too. It excites me to remember.

Back
Top Bottom