what weight do you carry and what weight are you

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divetahoe:
me:170 pounds / 12 stone / 77 kg
COLD WATER
Tank: AL80
6.5 mil Farmer John wetsuit:14 lbs Ocean, 10lbs Fresh all in BCD
Drysuit: 20 lbs Ocean, 16 lbs Fresh, 4 lbs on ankles, rest on BCD

WARM WATER
Diveskin
Tank: AL80
2kg belt, 0 BCD

Curious do you mean these are lead totals or do you have more in your BC???? 20lbs Dry seems very light!!!

I'm 5'10", 175 lbs. My normal configuration is - Zeagle Ranger BCD (44 lbs lift), Henderson 7/5mm Hyperstretch Jumpsuit (with hood, gloves, boots) , Al 80 cft tanks. I'm currently diving with 20lbs of ballast distributed as follows - 2x8lbs in primary integrated weight pockets ; 2x2lbs in rear trim pockets.

I'm thinking about investing in a steel tank. This I should enable me to drop the 4 lbs of trim weight ... and possibly another pound in each weight pocket.

190 lbs
AL 80
salt water
2.5 mil shortie
Sea Quest Pro Unlimited BC (the padding in this BC seems quite buoyant)

mnj1233:
Curious do you mean these are lead totals or do you have more in your BC???? 20lbs Dry seems very light!!!

These are the lead totals. I don't have much - um - personal insulation. :D

I'm 5'10" and weigh 160 lbs. I use a bp/w with STA which weighs 6 lbs.

In a shell drysuit with lots of fleece for diving in cold water I carry 24 lbs of lead.

In a 5 mm john with 5 mm jacket, hood, boots and gloves for diving in temperate water I carry 18 lbs of lead.

In a 3 mm shorty with 3 mm boots, I carry 4 lbs of lead.

With no wetsuit with 3 mm boots, I carry no lead, probably a bit overweighted.

Edit: All above numbers with AL80 in salt water.

6'1" 235 lbs with Single 80AL
Drysuit Bare 6mm Neoprene FW-26lb SW-38lb
Bare Full 7mm FW-10lb
Bare Full 3mm Bare SW-14lb

Taking a bath - no weight required.

Hoods & Gloves were worn for dry & 7mm suits, and boots for 7mm & 3mm suits.

I won't include the logged weight for 3mm FW because it was for the pool section of my OW course and I had more than I dove for SW conditions.

6'1" 205 lbs
34 lbs on belt and 2lbs on each foot
Bare Drysuit with lots of woolies (I like to be warm)
or a 7mm Two peice Wet suit
Same weight for both!

I could probably shed some weight as this is the same lead I used whe I was a portly 265lbs but for the kind of diving I do I need to be able to get down fast so I have yet to shed any weight.

None of this will help you. You correct weighting is whatever it takes to sink you with all your normal equipment and a 500 PSI (35 BAR?) tank.

FWIW, I'm 225# and with a Drysuit and Weezle Compact UW I use 10 Lbs of lead. With Bare CT 200 UW and Drygloves, I use 16 Lbs.

This is with a Steel 95, a Cannister light (-2lbs) and a Pony (-2 lbs).

Terry

martinj:
back to diving from a stint away and trying to gauge what my weight belt should cary.
i know it depends on a lot of criteria but it would be an advantage to many if you could list your weight - drysuit or not - tank size - bcd or not - weight carried

ill start

14stone 10pounds -drysuit - 12ltre dumpy - bcd - 24IBS

next:05: :05:

I am 5'10" and 191#.
I use 12# in fresh water, with a full 5/4 wetsuit (but only 1#, with just my swimsuit).

6'0"/290#

With a steel 120 and a drysuit:

freshwater: Nothing
Saltwater: 4#

With an AL80 and no protection

Freshwater: 6#
Saltwater: 12#

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom