What you do when you aren't diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I am not diving (which its been a lot of time lately) I work as Information Assurance Officer for the ARMY. ( I am Major) I am currently stationed in the Atlanta, GA. Being doing this for 17 years. Combination of National Guard, Reserve and Active Duty Service. So I currently have 13 year of federal military service...7 years till retiring and planning my retirement already (diving is high upthere in the list). When I am healthy ( As broke my collarbone playing flag footbal in Sept and just hurt my knee at home on a fall- yes I am getting old) I workout to stay in shape and keep up the the young soldiers....

I think about diving all the time, glad to get back into it....Hope to help many interested in diving in PR ( where I am from) if you have any questions about diving in my island dont heasitate to ask me , if I dont know the answer I can find it for you or get you someone that can...

Thanks!

Gino

No Brazilian Jiujitsu is a grappling art that focuses on submissions on the ground. Its also called Gracie Jiujitsu. A lot of fun actually.
I teach a modified version of it in the Army. We call it combatives though.

[-]I work as a Tech Services Manager for an Oilfield Service company. When not working[/-] I play on ScubaBoard, [-]make wine,[/-] I enjoy guns, different beers and mess with my dogs. I also like to plan on dive trips. While I do those other things, I think about diving a lot and plan on dive trips 6-9 months in advance. If I just had the money I would be diving in..............
and get to breath through my nose.

Retired, moan about stock market, look for deals on dive trips, play with dogs, fly RC model planes.
Study for Dive Master test (makes me sleepy).
It's gone up pretty steadily for almost four years straight—what are you moaning about? Or are you in the Nikkei? :shakehead:

Those of us who were already in the market when it tanked are not well. If I had retired six months later, I would be in great shape. If you lose 40% of your capital and are forced to use that capital during Obama's slooooooow recovery, you never get well.

Still moaning.

Reactions: Jax
When I'm not diving, I'm spending hours at the computer editing the underwater video I shot; reading or watching a movie (late at night); then sleeping.

I'm a tech writer by trade ... currently working for a wastewater treatment facility creating and managing an online documentation system.

For fun, when I'm not diving I spend time in the mountains ... or on the internet. I used to ski a lot, but over time I got tired of the crowds. Today I'm planning a little snow shoeing hike in the Olympic mountains, up near Hurricane Ridge.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Psychotherapist for the last 24 years, the last nine of which have been as a self-employed solo practitioner. I do a lot of writing and public speaking on the issue of overeating and what it takes to overcome it. I've always been very outdoors oriented, but the passage of time and getting older means I don't enjoy the range of activities that I used to. Cycling is my best remaining non-diving recreation, but playing with the local traffic is becoming more and more hazardous and I may have to give that up in the next year or two. I'm keeping my eye open for what I may try next.

Oh, and I passionately love playing in the dirt with a backhoe, but sadly, that's not something I get to do much. :depressed:

and get to breath through my nose.
:D :rofl3:

---------- Post added February 2nd, 2013 at 09:26 PM ----------

Psychotherapist for the last 24 years, the last nine of which have been as a self-employed solo practitioner. I do a lot of writing and public speaking on the issue of overeating and what it takes to overcome it.

would like your help on the subject, any web links ?

I do a lot of writing and public speaking on the issue of overeating and what it takes to overcome it.

I need me some of that.

There's this myth that everyone's dream is to meet the perfect partner. I don't believe that. My dream is to be able to eat whatever I want and not get fat ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom