What's a "Warhammer Manuever"?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GreenDiverDown

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I was referred to this forum by a friend. Looks like a swell group of folks - so I registered. Now my friend tells me I have to perform a "Warhammer Manuever" to be an official member. Gee....whats that??? Did you all have to do this? Who is qualified to rate this skill? Is this a required OW skill or can I perform it in the pool? Is this skill a basic scuba skill...'cause if so,I've never heard of it...which leads me to wonder just what kind of divers you really are. Or is it just a confidence building technique? If after I successfully complete the skill, do I get a certificate or badge or something?
I don't know... I've never heard of having to perform a skill just to join a forum.
You guys/gals are really HARDASSES!

Dear Stephen

A kindly welcome to the forum, if you have performed the Warhammer Maneuver yet or not. You still have plenty of time to practice for it, as the rating system is not yet totally agreed on, or who will grade you. I, unfortunately, cannot do so, as I have certain allergies which would not allow me to participate in Warhammer Maneuvers at a distance closer than 1459 yards.

Otherwise, once you get that behind you,you fill find the forum a friendly place full of valuable information.

We certainly all look forward to your contributions and wish you luck with the "Warhammer Maneuver".

gozu

Ah, yes -- the legendary Warhammer Manuever

Use the incredibly helpful search function on this board -- of course, you may run screaming from the board......

...definitely not.

Be sure all your vaccinations are up to date. Some protection for your monitor is in order also.

"You guys/gals are really HARDASSES!" ...What an interesting choice of words!!.... Welcome to the board and I for one hope to never see the Warhammer done!!

Welcome to the board.

Might I suggest you ask your friend if you can use their pool to practice your "Warhammer Maneuver" for your initiation?

tyki

Stephen,

I can tell from reading your post thst you have high standards and to meet them you have to aim high.

None of the rest of us here have been able to achieve this lofty goal and thus have a dark cloud hanging over our heads.

Warhammer is a man of means, not like the rest of us that have to work for peanuts and eat corn and beans But maybe one day we will all have this behind us and not be the butt of ridicule and harrassment.

Even though he is a man of means, his face still gets flushed when we talk about his accomplishments. He truly is a fine person. Did I mention that he has a Super Bowl Ringand is very proud of it. But unlike other people of wealth he never shows his ass-etts and makes a fool of himself, that would stain his reputation.

Having said all this, I welcome you to the board.

ID

Welcome to the boards.

Don't pay attention to what everybody else is saying. They're all a bunch of teases with new members. I'll directly answer your questions concerning the Warhammer Manuever.

Question 1 ... Did we all do it?

I can gaurantee that when Warhammer developed the specifications, and released them on the web, every one of us did a manuever.

Question 2 ... Who can rate it?

Almost any member of this board is able to rate this skill. If you successfully perform the manuever, you and any of us in the vicinity will know that it was done properly.

Question 3 ... OW or pool?

This manuever needs to be done in open water. I think you would find it safer in a little current. Just face upstream and let it fly.

Question 4 ... Basic or advanced skill?

This is a very basic skill. Most people have already done something similar on land which will give them the neccessary skills to accomplish the manuever.

Question 5 ... Confidence builder?

Not really a confidence builder, it comes more from a certain desire.

Question 6 ... Rewards?

If you successfully complete the manuever, and post a picture to prove it, we do have a member who will give you all the badges and certificates you want. He is centrally located in Mississippi and ready to go at a moments notice to welcome you to the club.

I hope you now see we are not really hardasses (actually a soft one might work better). We are more than willing to explain every little thing to you or any other new member.

I hope this clears up any questions you may have about the Warhammer Manuever.

Tom

If you must really know, click here: http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?threadid=568
and then on "warhammer manuever"

But don't blame me when you have to clean your monitor. Then read Iguana Don's post again!!!

If you read Iguana Don's post you might have gotten the OVERFLOW of his meanings and decided to not PLUNGE ahead? But... be brave... be very brave....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom