What's going on with flights to Coz?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bryanmc57

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Last couple days I've been feeling the itch to get back to Coz, but when I try to find a flight, everything is saying no flights available! Anyone else having this problem?

No problem for me....I just booked flights :D

Unfortunately, they're not until next March :depressed:

many of the airlines cut back after labor day, American will only be flying Fri thru Mon after LD...
and I think some of the charters stop flying completely. check Continental?

Last couple days I've been feeling the itch to get back to Coz, but when I try to find a flight, everything is saying no flights available! Anyone else having this problem?
When? From Cottonwood would be a problem, yeah. If you want to go in September and don't mind driving to Sacramento, there are flights going 4 days/week. When do you want to return.

Welcome to low season/hurricane season. Happens each year but fewer & fewer flights in recent years based on previous demand for CZM flights. The airlines are less willing to fly 25% full these days & I can't say that I blame them. There are always seats available to Cancun if you're willing to use that airport.

Yes we have been seeing issues with at least American's site. All or most searches showed no flights available for many dates in Oct/Nov. A friend found a flight and when searching by flight number it showed seats available and details. Then, for some reason, it just started working on general date searches. We did not clear cookies, temp internet files, etc.
We saw similar issues with Frontier's site for flights out of Denver to Cancun which I believe flies everyday but it showed no flights available as of yesterday. With daily flights there should be at least one seat over different start and end dates in the same Oct period. We have not tried Frontier again but it may be working for us now. We looked at Contintental but I can't remember if we had the same issue.
I cannot tell if this is a server/app issue or mine. I see nothing changed but at least American is searching and providing results now.

I am not sure if it is having an impact, but I recently read that there are serious serious labor issue resulting from the recent merger, and there have been many quiet, deliberate slowdowns, and flight crews failing to show up.

US Airways pilots deny illegal work slowdown | Reuters

That can certainly effect every other airline, as passengers rush to reshuffle their plans and avoid job action delays.

p.s. ...there's always the bag drag. :shakehead: (yuck!)

daily flights have not been cut back to Cancun.

Bryan did not say when he wanted to travel or from where, much less where he had looked. Hard to help without info, but there are plenty of flights.

Also - click the option that gives you fares +/- 3 days - Continental is cutting back to Sat and Sunday flights until the end of September

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom