What's the best Eezycut Trilobite attachment option?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

just get a good old steel blade, keep lots of silicone on it, replace the blade often (easy and cheap). If it isn't sharp, it's not a good cutting tool.
Main cutting tool, sharp, cheap and buy a box of them for the price of the above "tools", Victorinox kitchen knife.
IMG_20230115_065015_DRO.jpg

On your wrist computer straps.
In the fishhook in finger scenario posted above you may not be able to pull out the cutting tool if the pulling hand in the one hooked…. I think best to stow it somewhere either hands can pull it out when needed.

I use the Mares titanium+ceramic too. What’s the issue with ceramic in cold water?

I use the Dive Rite ceramic cutter, as I got fed up replacing the allegedly stainless blades that rusted every three months despite the application of silicone grease and not using the tool.

I mount mine on the straps of my Petrel 2, and also have a knife on my webbing.

In the fishhook in finger scenario posted above you may not be able to pull out the cutting tool if the pulling hand in the one hooked…. I think best to stow it somewhere either hands can pull it out when needed.

I use the Mares titanium+ceramic too. What’s the issue with ceramic in cold water?

I never said that it was my only cutting device. I also have a knife on each side of my waist harness.

I've heard the ceramic blades crack and break in cold water.

The ceramic have their issues, the titanium don't stay sharp...just get a good old steel blade, keep lots of silicone on it, replace the blade often (easy and cheap). If it isn't sharp, it's not a good cutting tool.
Curious, what dulls the edge of titanium? Is it simply use? I would think that most people would be using the device very infrequently and prevention of corrosion would be the primary challenge?

When diving OC, I have two Perdix, one on each forearm, with a line cutter on each computer bungees. Still have to put a line cutter on the Petrel 3 on my newish CCR.

When diving OC, I have two Perdix, one on each forearm, with a line cutter on each computer bungees. Still have to put a line cutter on the Petrel 3 on my newish CCR.

Mines already installed, they come in purple too 😁

Mines already installed, they come in purple too 😁
The line cutter on the Perdix I wear on right arm and is my backup when diving CCR has a purple line cutter on it. That’s how I can tell the two Perdix apart.

Curious, what dulls the edge of titanium? Is it simply use? I would think that most people would be using the device very infrequently and prevention of corrosion would be the primary challenge?
For me, the choice is a sharp blade that rusts vs a dull blade that doesn't. Of course, I guess if I never use the titanium blade, it stays sharp.

It seems some are expecting too much from a line cutter. It should cut line, all day, every day. Line, line and more line. Small, convienient, out of the way. It's a line cutter. A line cutter with a steel blade is 90% usless after 5 dives. The sheath holds moisture against the blade, and the thin part corrodes first......i.e the sharp edge.

A line cutter that can cut rope may be nice, but I've never been caught in rope by surprise. Line? I got caught last week. That's a line cutter's job. It cuts line.

My knife cuts rope. Carry both. Each had a job.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom