Whats the most worthless thing an LDS has tried or sold to you?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can't say that I have ever bought anything that is totally worthless. There is stuff that I don't use anymore, but I got quit a bit of use out of before moving on. Perhaps this is more a function of how I look at things. Sometimes you have to use something that is not quite right to really appreciate the gear that you ultimately upgrade to.

My top picks for wasting money on dive gear:
Hub (octopus in the pocket)
Titanium regulators (they work, but so does brass for half the price)
Wireless AI computers (not unsafe, but an expensive way to replace your SPG)
Scubapro Air 2 (too many ways to make this one unsafe as in short hose on primary and sea-cure mouthpiece)
Overstuffed tech wanabee BC's such as Rig, Recon, Outback, Raider and Chute 3.
Air Buddy (unsafe secondary reg)
Expensive luggage (thieves love it)
Titanium knives (they will last forever on the bottom)

Have I made enough people unhappy?

Hal Iotis once bubbled...
Still waiting for your scuba-boobs story...

Ok I will start a new post with the scuba-boobs storey.
God can't believe I get paid for this thank the sea gods for a slow day

Another PADI course... Think 'peak performance bouyancy' would be the pen ultimate...

I wondered about those things

It was so small I could only fit something like 3 letters on it.

Makes it kinda hard to write HELP!! I'm not sure your buddy would understand HEL...

See you tomorrow bright and early.

MikeS once bubbled...
I can’t believe someone had the audacity to imply that split fins were the best innovation in SCUBA when we all know it was air integrated computers!:D

Mike

Does anyone know where I can get an inexpensive air integrated computer that I can attach to my spare air?

I figure that way I will have redundant computers AND air source. I'll be ready for that advanced tech diver class in no time!:D

Cave Diver once bubbled...
Does anyone know where I can get an inexpensive air integrated computer that I can attach to my spare air?
QUOTE]

Maybe you could buy some brass SPGs, get JJ to autograph them, and hang out in front of a the DIRF classroom. When the new converts come out, trading should be a snap!:D

But I can't blame the shop for that choice - I picked them out - and bought not just one, but two! Totally useless in the Pacific Northwest. Hoods are too thick to hear them, and we can't reach them with all our cold water gear on, anyhow.

First 5 bucks, and they're yours! :D

I am glad I put this question out there I was going to buy a tank banger and a underwater chalk board.

lead weight, please explain to me why you think the seacure mouth piece is a waist of money ????????

well obiviously uyou must have a perfectly straight smile and they are pearly white, but for those of us who suffer from jaw fatique, and non even bite do to overdone orthodonitic work, and that need/like the custom fitting of the mouth piece, yes its a little more but its better then stock onesthat i can bite through without much effort or after a couple of days at the lake.

waiting for your reply

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom