Whats the most worthless thing an LDS has tried or sold to you?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't know leadweight's reason, but Oceanic has a form fitting mouth piece for ¼ the price of the Seacure. The Oceanic is the size of a normal mouth piece so no gagging issues like with the Seacure. I'd say the Seacure is a waste of money.

'superior'. Hey, it's just a tube, right? I can find a lot more things to do with 40-50 dollars. LOL I just politely said thank you for the advice. Although the advice is questionable. LOL

Victoria

Walter once bubbled...
I don't know leadweight's reason, but Oceanic has a form fitting mouth piece for ¼ the price of the Seacure. The Oceanic is the size of a normal mouth piece so no gagging issues like with the Seacure. I'd say the Seacure is a waste of money.

what gagging issue, us obviously you didnt read the instruction included in the package about trimming the mouthpiece, or is that something you heard from some one ?

well thats your opinon, plus the ocianic is made from a soft plastic similar to the plastic in the default ones that come with regs off the shelf that i have bit through, also plus no one in my area carries oceanic because there products dont last and workmanship is questionsable

The most useless thing an LDS pushed on me was a Zeagle Tech BC.

Integrated weights, oversized bladder, about as streamlined as a brick, too many D-rings, failure points galore, no place for a can light and couldn't hold a tank steady. However, it sure could trap air.

Fins for my open water that I could have got for half the price online. They also told me my 20 year old Dacor mask and snorkel (bought at a Nags Head dive shop in my youth) was useless because it was made of gasp, neoprene rubber. Well I stood firm and it work great for the class and since then. Also they've really been pushing the AI stuff now.

ColdH20diving once bubbled...
Force Fins.....what a POS!

explain to me why they suck or a POS in your opinon

just one question do you believe everything rodales write ?????

Hmmmm....

1. Snorkel - Any snorkel at any price...never use it.
2. Console - Wow, all my instruments in one bulky piece of rubber. Great!
3. Split fins - Useless except for flutter kicks.
4. ScubaPro X-Tech BC - Waste of $800.00. I did not know any better... Sits in a box in the closet now...any takers? I'll cut you a great deal!!

ElectricZombie once bubbled...
Hmmmm....

1. Snorkel - Any snorkel at any price...never use it.

3. Split fins - Useless except for flutter kicks.

Snorkle I agree but came in handy once in Florida when I sucked my last breath swimming back to the boat and had to surface swim in some pretty big chop.
As for the Split fins I like them so much I bought Two pairs Apollo and SP. Love'm both and would never use anything else. In two years of diving never had a problem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom