What's up with Fantasy Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am starting to wonder a bit about FIBR myself. I sent them an email about a week ago inquiring about availability of larger tanks (see separate thread for all that:D) and they still have not responded. Is this normal for down there? Or perhaps there is a better address for contacting them? I used the one in their web site, but perhaps others have a better method? Any help is appreciated. Woody

Anyone tried the plane ride?

Seaplane Bonnie? Yes. I've known pilot Bob Brown since he arrived here and my husband and I did the 3-hour trip around the whole island then landed at Pigeon Cay for snorkeling. It was in the open cockpit "Blue Bird" (he now has a different plane - yellow).

I promise, they aren't paying me to say this Bonnie, but we had the most incredible time and it was absolutely the best thing we have ever done here in our 9 years here. The scenery was awesome and the low altitude makes it easy to see the reef system, marine life in the water, along with houses, roads and development (and squatters) you would otherwise never know existed. There is no better way to get a feel for the island and what is going on here, especially in the areas that are inaccessible by road. He even did a double fly by of our house so I could get some good photos.

The trip showed Roatan's beauty, especially the underdeveloped east area. You can go to Home - Bay Island Airways Seaplane Adventure and looked at the video and gallery of photos. The trip wasn't cheap, but well worth it. You can get a discount if booked during the dive orientation session. His daughter Heather often gives a short blurb at that meeting.

Sea plane tour is, well at least awesome!

I don't know why.... but somehow I doubt Robert is the kind of guy who answers e.mails for FI...:rofl3:

Does anyone have an email address for Roberto in the dive shop?

I don't know why.... but somehow I doubt Robert is the kind of guy who answers e.mails for FI...:rofl3:

You got that right! Nick is booking for Fantasy Island again. I think any questions need to be directed to his office in Texas, but I don't know the e-mail addy...

I stayed at FI 3 weeks ago. As has been said on other threads, you get what you pay for. Dive op is top notch. My room was in the newer wing and still had problems with the bathroom. No hot water 2 mornings in a row and very low water pressure. Other than that the room was adequate. The buffets get boring towards the end of the week but again adequate. Service was good and the place was clean.
Beware of the week you go. The week before I got there Robert told me that they had 120 divers!! They had to borrow a boat from CCV and all the boats were jammed. However my week there was only 2 boats going out and the maximum amount of divers I encountered on my boat was 14.

Thanks, Not sure how to tell how many divers will be there the first two weeks of May. Because of all the specials there may be a lot. The flip side is that Hondudras is getting a lot of bad press that the public is hearing, they don't understand that divers are fearless. :')

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom