• what every my buddy's buying ;-)

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • what ever is on the boat,or cooler.

Votes: 16 13.8%
  • only Cool aid for me !

Votes: 3 2.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not sure I really understand the point of this poll, but FWIW...

I like to drink water or gatorade straight after a dive; as a general rule I don't drink alcohol until at least an hour after the last dive, usually more like 2-5 hours (depends what time the last dive finishes and what the dive series was - deco or within NDL). I have known people to do a deep dive, have a couple of beers to celebrate & get bent. OTOH I have had a drink within 1 hour after an NDL night dive (having done other NDL dives during the day), and once immediately after surfacing (NYE night dive, champagne) with no noticable ill effects, but I wouldn't recommend it

Perhaps, I have no idea... seems more like an excuse to talk up how much you drink after a dive - you know, a bit like those threads where peeople say "well if someone tried to (rescue me when I didn't need it/steal my air supply) I would (punch them in the face/use my dive knife/flex my pecs) etc. YMMV

... If I've been in decompression, I don't have anything carbonated for 24 hours...
I'm curious about the avoidance of carbonated beverages. I understand that alcohol can mimic or mask late onset DCS symptoms, but what is the issue with carbonated soft drinks?

thanks,

k

don't drink and dive they say but .......... just curious who does what after a dive?

Your question is a bit general, but I always hydrate (w/ H2O) a lot immediately before and immediately after a dive. Off the boat on a trip I usually get something to eat afterwards, then shower and probably have a little siesta followed by more food in the evening. A this point I would probably enjoy a nice Cuban cigar with a few classes of Scotch. Next day repeat.

I usually drink kombucha, coconut water and plenty of plain water directly after diving. I drink lots of water all day, including sometimes during the dive.
With dinner, or after a night dive and after rehydrating, I will normally have a Stout,Hefeweisen,IPA microbrew or glass of red wine ( cab,zin or shiraz),depending on what my mood is or where we're eating.
Rarely, I may have a vodka with fresh juice ( we squeeze our own orange or grapefruit juice from local citrus), lemon drop or other mixed drink but its pretty rare. Sometimes a high end tequila with lime.
If it's chilly, I could go for a coffee drink but nothing too sweet.

I like a big glass, full of ice, Fresca and Bacardi lemon-lime rum. Best warm weather drink ever!

Coffee or water between dives, depending on the time of day. Beer at the end of the day.

Bob
---------------------
I may be old, but I'm not dead yet.

Back
Top Bottom