What's your winter sports after the SCUBA season is closed?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Winter...there are no winters here in the Sunshine state, (Florida) it's a little colder but we just get out the wetsuits and dive! And believe me I know about winter as I used to call Buffalo, NY my home!

SCUBA season closes for me around the beginning of February, when the lakes freeze over, and starts up in March when they start to thaw.

Oddly enough that's exactly the time my wife and I take a vacation and go Someplace Warm Where There's Diving :cool:

Terry

Areometer:
I assume that most of you don't have dry suits? I assume that even for those who have dry suits, you don't SCUBA as often as during warmer months? So what do you all do for sports during winter? Ski? Snowboard? Or just wait for the next SCUBA season to arrive?

As of the end of Oct I will probably stay dry till March or April, though not a sport, my
me time" will be filled with rubber stamping, and maybe some home remodeling.

We dive here all winter even though the water temperature gets down to 29-30 degrees F (yes, below freezing). Harbour diving for bottles when wreck season's over. Other than that, hockey and skiing.

Al.

Areometer:
I assume that most of you don't have dry suits? I assume that even for those who have dry suits, you don't SCUBA as often as during warmer months? So what do you all do for sports during winter? Ski? Snowboard? Or just wait for the next SCUBA season to arrive?

You do know what they say about "assumeing", don't you? My winter sport; SCUBA DINVING!

Well...Snowboard (ski) season begins in Colorado on or about Halloween... So if we're in Colorado... We snowboard.

We also live in Ft. Lauderdale too where the diving season never ends... We don't even bring our dive gear to Colorado.

And just in case you were wondering, we don't bring our snowboards to Florida. But Florida has the 2nd largest ski club in america... Did anyone know that... 2nd to? (anyone? Bueller?)

Ice Hockey Official.. Wet or dry, my diving season ends as soon as Hockey season Starts...

I mostly just drink beer.

I don't think that is an "official" sport...but I am pretty good at it.

JimJam:
I mostly just drink beer.

I don't think that is an "official" sport...but I am pretty good at it.

I think that depends on where you live. There are sporting events like that in CO.

Back
Top Bottom