What's your winter sports after the SCUBA season is closed?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I actually do my snow skiing and most diving around the same time. Personally, I think the snow is just too unreliable nowadays in Aus or NZ, so pretty much only ski in Nth America or Europe. Also, this just so happens to be the Aussie summer, so before I fly out and after I land again, I am in dive season. In our winter, I like riding my motorbike. I have a preferance for cooler air temps, and find that riding in temps below 15 degrees C is very nice - the engine works better with cooler air too. Having said that, I'm just as likely to go to some tropical island in the Pacific or Asia during any time of year to get some dive time in. Done it twice already this year... (I may like cold air, but really prefer warm water)

Z...

Scuba Season doesn't really close around here. It's just that between the Ice and snow the open water is harder to get to.
I was dry from Mid December to mid April last year.
I did talk to 2 divers that only missed 2 weekends of diving all winter!! :11:

When I'm not getting out diving I spend more weekends at the shop helping out, and at the pool teaching, :D

Does taking belly dancing lessons count as a sport? I just started but I plan to continue it during the winter months. And of course going where it is warm to do some diving.

Areometer:
I assume that most of you don't have dry suits? I assume that even for those who have dry suits, you don't SCUBA as often as during warmer months? So what do you all do for sports during winter? Ski? Snowboard? Or just wait for the next SCUBA season to arrive?

Climbing up the wall. Literally.

R..

scubagal28:
Does taking belly dancing lessons count as a sport? .

Watching belly dancers sure does.... :D

I dated a belly dancer once and part of me (namely my :censored:) has never gotten over it. I've never had :censored: that made me :censored: and :censored: My God! It :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: and you wouldn't believe how many times we :censored::censored::censored:

God I love belly dancing.

In short....Yes, it's a sport. :D

R..

scubagal28:
Does taking belly dancing lessons count as a sport? I just started but I plan to continue it during the winter months. And of course going where it is warm to do some diving.

I would consider belly dancing to be a great spectator sport. I'd watch.

The season is just gearing up around here. I love diving when its colder, there is nothing like it. Other then that, snow boarding, and I'm just getting into salsa dancing, so I think that I will continue with that over the winter months....

Areometer:
Last winter, my sports was snow-plowing. This year, hopefully snowboarding.
Good luck with that!!!

Snowshoes, plus culcha -- concert or a play every weekend (time for a new GF :) )

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom