What's your winter sports after the SCUBA season is closed?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Areometer:
I assume that most of you don't have dry suits? I assume that even for those who have dry suits, you don't SCUBA as often as during warmer months? So what do you all do for sports during winter? Ski? Snowboard? Or just wait for the next SCUBA season to arrive?

Why would you stop diving just for winter? And, no, I don't have a dry suit.

Ken

Snowboarding and some mountain biking.
Hopefully scuba while traveling somewhere warmer.
Read ScubaBoard for a quick fix.

When winter hits the Sierras, it is time for Snow Ski Racing Season. As the Chairman of the Open League Racing Committee, I am pretty busy with skiing and racing and clinics. (We have approximately 300 Skiers and Snowboarders in Open League)

[If anyone in the "extended" San Francisco Bay Area is interested in trying ski racing, PM me. There are also leagues in So Cal and the Pacific Northwest]

Last year I was diving at Pt Lobos (that to Mark Wietz!) the weekend after the final race.

Wristshot

Indoor sex..........nah, kiteboarding, kite-snowboarding, snowboarding and skiing.

I do most of my diving in the winter. In the spring/summer we troll for Tuna, Wahoo and Mahi. Wintertime brings in the reef fish, Snapper, Grouper and other assorted goodies.

Well i try to go to warmer places, but if i have to stay in Boston my favorite winter sport is Beer Mug Lifting.

Areometer:
I assume that most of you don't have dry suits? I assume that even for those who have dry suits, you don't SCUBA as often as during warmer months? So what do you all do for sports during winter? Ski? Snowboard? Or just wait for the next SCUBA season to arrive?
Snowboard, I take my ski vacations in the winter and my dive vacations in the summer. I can only play in frozen water in the winter, I can play in warm water all year. I have found that summer is the best time to head south for vacation. Less people, better prices, beautiful weather every day, and diving in your swimsuit.

Areometer:
As long as I don't have to cut a hole in the ice, I dive. In fact, we normally do a New Years Dive. We start at 11:40 or so, surface just at New Years and bob on the surface as the fireworks go off overhead, and then drop down and finish the dive. We do our last dive of the year, and first dive of the next year, all without getting out of the water :D
When I'm not diving, I'm skiing, driving to Montreal to watch hockey, going to the UVM hockey games, and counting down til my next dive trip.
C-Dawg

Areometer - until last year, I played Hockey, becoming too old to chase younger players. Great game to get in shape. I started playing hockey at 42. Many rinks have "Learn Hockey" programs. Since you live in MA, I suspect there are rinks in your area. You can join a gym or swim laps, Hockey is more fun.

Good Luck searching - Tom

divenutny:
Areometer - until last year, I played Hockey, becoming too old to chase younger players. Great game to get in shape. I started playing hockey at 42. Many rinks have "Learn Hockey" programs. Since you live in MA, I suspect there are rinks in your area. You can join a gym or swim laps, Hockey is more fun.

Good Luck searching - Tom

People from ohio must be crazy but we dive all year round. We even go for some of mikes chilli on new years day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom