When a liveaboard trip is cancelled the day you arrive....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

An update - apparently an email was mistakenly not sent to me shortly after my second email to them regarding this (~a month ago). I have been offered a place to use this year on one of the 4 owned boats as an alternative to Oman. It is unfortunate that since it seems this post was clearly known about that no one thought to follow up internally before now.

A separate update is that insurance has decided they will cover my early departure flight from Oman to Dubai (small amount in comparison to everything) but at this time that is all they will cover. I have been unable to get a call with them for explanation at this time.

An update - apparently an email was mistakenly not sent to me shortly after my second email to them regarding this (~a month ago). I have been offered a place to use this year on one of the 4 owned boats as an alternative to Oman. It is unfortunate that since it seems this post was clearly known about that no one thought to follow up internally before now.

A separate update is that insurance has decided they will cover my early departure flight from Oman to Dubai (small amount in comparison to everything) but at this time that is all they will cover. I have been unable to get a call with them for explanation at this time.

That is good news. Do you think the Undercurrent article caught their attention? Personally, I think it helped to sway them to address the issue.

What are their 4 “owned” boats?

What kind of insurance do you have? I suppose you had trip interruption insurance since they’re willing to cover the early flight home? I’m curious as I’m currently considering trip cancellation and interruption insurance. Thank you!

I had the DAN trip insurance. I did not have the liveaboard rider, just didn't know it was an option to be honest. Had i known i would have gotten it for the other LOBs i had done last year. The insurance was required for a trip to Fiji earlier last year and since they offered multi trip insurance and I knew I was taking at least one more trip I got the multi trip option.

Belize, Bahamas, Turks and Cayman

That is good news. Do you think the Undercurrent article caught their attention? Personally, I think it helped to sway them to address the issue.

What are their 4 “owned” boats?

What kind of insurance do you have? I suppose you had trip interruption insurance since they’re willing to cover the early flight home? I’m curious as I’m currently considering trip cancellation and interruption insurance. Thank you!

I had the DAN trip insurance. I did not have the liveaboard rider, just didn't know it was an option to be honest. Had i known i would have gotten it for the other LOBs i had done last year. The insurance was required for a trip to Fiji earlier last year and since they offered multi trip insurance and I knew I was taking at least one more trip I got the multi trip option.

Belize, Bahamas, Turks and Cayman

@Erica Watson , thank you very much for your reply. I am not surprised that those are the 4 “owned” boats, as those are the 4 that are consistently well-reviewed, as far as I know. I’ll be going on the Belize Aggressor IV in April.

Dive Assure offers the liveaboard rider. DAN doesn’t. I wish they did though.

Safe diving!

There is absolutely no doubt about it. Had it not been for Ben Davison and Undercurrent getting involved, Erica would have never heard a word. An email was "mistakenly not sent". Does anyone even believe that?

Ben, if you are following this thread, I am signing up today for Undercurrent. You are first class my man. First class!

There is absolutely no doubt about it. Had it not been for Ben Davidson and Undercurrent getting involved, Erica would have never heard a word. An email was "mistakenly not sent". Does anyone even believe that?

Ben, if you are following this thread, I am signing up today for Undercurrent. You are first class my man. First class!

Hahaha, I believe it was @John Bantin from Undercurrent that got the ball rolling, and yes, thank you to @John Bantin and Ben Davison. :D

I’m already a member...lol.

I messed up- I have dive assure. I'm sorry I got them mixed up as the company that you end up interacting with does not go by that name. I have DAN membership so my mistake. Thank you for pointing that out.

@Erica Watson , thank you very much for your reply. I am not surprised that those are the 4 “owned” boats, as those are the 4 that are consistently well-reviewed, as far as I know. I’ll be going on the Belize Aggressor IV in April.

Dive Assure offers the liveaboard rider. DAN doesn’t. I wish they did though.

Safe diving!

Well thanks to both of them then. I just saw the post by Ben but either way, great job guys!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom