When to winterize?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by Fishkiller

Move to Guam or Thailand?

That's what I did :tease:
After spending 5 years living and diving on Guam :tree:, and then spending two cold winters in North Carolina :cold:, I moved my WWW, candy a**ed butt, back to the year 'round 82 deg, (+/- 2 deg), clear waters of Micronesia. Guam may have it's drawbacks, but getting to dive several times a week in a 2 mill shortie, even in Dec, isn't one of them. Unfortunately I'm headed to Oklahoma in the morning for two weeks of training. I'll be having some serious nitrogen withdrawals by the time I get back. ;-}

Dive Safe,
Rooster

Originally posted by joewr
Fishkiller,

For years now I have been trying to get a site for us on this Board: THE CANDY A_S DIVERS SECTION.

So, let's band together and demand that site...we happy few, we band (of two) brothers...

Joewr...asking, isn't the freezing point of water 70 deg F? And if not, why not? That is my freezing point!

Hey Joewr,
Can I be a charter member?

To me, a dry suit, is what my shorts are, before I get in the water :tease:
WWW divers Unite!

Dive Safe, (and warm)
Rooster

Hey, guys

Technically not a brother... but can I join too?

Rooster - thanks for rubbing it in.

Gayle - who won't even get wet if the temps below 75. :p

We happy few, we band of (3) brothers (and a sister)...with apologies to William Shakespeare!

Joewr...not feeling so lonely now...

I never said I was a -normal- diver FK :D.

So Rooster.... What do you do there in Micronesia? & do you need an assistant?

-kate

we are divers. We are of the brave and strong of heart.

What is this that I am reading. Drysuits, hmmmmmmm DG I am questioning your heritage, Canadians don't use drysuits hehe

As long as the bar of the chainsaw goes thru the hard water, u dive.

The thoughest part is getting the wetsuit off before it freezes on you.

Butch :peace:

Originally posted by Butch103
... hmmmmmmm DG I am questioning your heritage, Canadians don't use drysuits hehe...

I seem to recall a few people on a charter not too long ago saying "well if I could afford a drysuit" that couldn't have been you could it?

A couple of mornings ago, I went down to the boat and there was a thin layer of ice on the windshield (from high winds and quick temp drop).....I was too stuborn to scrap it off with the windshield ice scraper because that would have meant winter was almost here......An hour later the water was a balmy 55 F and the ice had melted in the sun.

I can now REALLY tell I have a pinhole leak in my right boot.

I guess I better make sure the chainsaw will still start....

Cheers.

Getting wet in "balmy" 55 degree water. I was shedding tears the other night because I had to put the 3 mil away (water temp has dropped below 65) and breakout the "flexible" :wink: 7 mil.

Can't get wet for another couple of weeks but it's time to change to the extra padding.

Joewr, you really need to come down here and go out with us on a trip. Kelpermaid, AADiver (if we can pull Frank away long enough from his wreck diving) and a few others I am sure would love to initiate you to our balmy water. Then you won't have to be a Candy_ _ s anymore. :D

Hmm. lets see. Couple of weekends ago it was 31 degrees and my drysuit froze to the seat on the charter boat. The water temp was around 57 degrees. My son had on a 5 mil wetsuit and we poured in very warm water from a thermos.

C'mon Joewr. Rooster, Amoeba, you really need the midwest experience. We can do it now without an ice cap, or wait a couple of months.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom