When to winterize?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DD and the Cold-hearted Gang,

The following are definitions that seem reasonable to me:

Ice--what I use to cool drinks

Warm water--what I use to wash my hands, not to pour into my wet suit

Dry Suit--what I used to wear to work--preferably tailored by Burberry's

Freezing point--water below 70 deg F

Scuba diving--a warm, pleasant experience

Joewr...still recruiting for the CANDY A_S DIVERS SECTION

I don't think I'm quite a Candy A** Diver 'cause I can dive in the mid 60's in my 3mil. So what would I be...as Puddin A** Diver, maybe?!? :eek:

Other than that I heartily agree with your description!

Let's get some business done with first and then on to your comment.

Starting a post with the word, "Well..." in the title section was copyrighted by me long ago. So, there will be a royalty at some point.

On to your post:

(1) You are welcome to our section unreservedly! In fact, you are in!

(2) This is in part for three reasons:

(a) You are the inventor of the classy Dee Rag.
(b) The distinction between Puddin' and Candy is miniscule.
(c) We like you.

Joewr...noting, We happy few, We band of (3) brothers (and 2 sisters)

Ok there are the few the Candy * divers

not the frozen * divers

Dee if you can dive in the mid 60's in a 3 mil no I couldn't honestly call you much more than Dee, but if you were in water say 50 would you dive it or not?

You are all a bunch of flower pressers!
The last dive I did in Malaysia was 34 degrees! (Ok it was celsius) That is 93.2 for the rest of the world.

I get cold in 22 deg C (71F) While I worked in Egypt, I was wearing a drysuit in this temperature and one of my staff was diving in his swimming trunks. So funny to see on the same divesite!

Belushi,

We are going international--since you are a DM, you could even be an officer! Let me know...

Joewr...saying 71 deg F! He's one of us!

Joewr that makes 6 now?

it's nice to know tha there is a point that a honest person will not dive :)

Belushi YEAH drysuit at 71 :bounce:

I am the only person I know that has trained a PADI Dry suit Specialty course in Egypt. In 71F In a pool that was 68!

It was colder than a whole bag of cold things that were cold!

Each and every one of us is already winterized it seems. All of our dives are relative to the next diver. I'm just as warm in a 7mm suit in 45 degree water as another is in a bathing suit in 80 degree water. I have it better I guess. It would be easier for me to go diving in the tropics right now than for someone who is set up for warm water to go diving off of the Calif. coast who would have to first go out and purchase or rent a drysuit.:cold:
80 degree water just sounds good. I would have to get my "nature diver" dives in.

so I'm in the shop while my BOY(Proud father):D is doing his pool dive thing with PADI. and see a flyer for Channel Islands inquire about expected weather conditions and was told I needed a drysuit, or was it highly recomended for January.. ah Like I said if I wanted to swim feet high..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom