• East of the Mississippi River

Votes: 162 34.8%
  • Texas

Votes: 44 9.5%
  • Pacific Islands, including Guam Hawaii and Australia

Votes: 24 5.2%
  • Other

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • Florida, the land of Flowers and the Fountain of Youth...

Votes: 18 3.9%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Da City of Big Shoulders...South Chicago (we saw "chi-caw-go"), Illinois...where da beer is always cold and dere's always a game on!

Originally posted by Rooster
Orangely, I'm from Riverside CA, where there used to be nothing but orange groves. Now it's wall to wall people. That's one of the reasons I now live on the warm Pacific Island of Guam. :tree:
Rooster

Hey! I used to live in Riverside CA, I went to La Sierra High School. Have you heard of it?

If you look at your Michigan Map, half way between Flint and Saginaw, a little east of I-75 is the town of Frankenmuth. Wasn't born here, or raised here, but when I finally moved back to Michigan after 20+ years of traveling and living other places (Hawaii, Georgia and Maryland in that order) ended up here. We are a pretty little tourist town, looks like it has been picked up in Bavaria and planted in Michigan. Famous for our Chicken Dinners and high prices. Nearest places to dive would include wrecks in Lake Huron and Quarry's in Ohio and other parts of the state. As for Saginaw Bay, not planning on diving it, as the water is mostly GREEN and BROWN, with no real visability. Rescue divers in the Saginaw River last week recovering a body said visability was 3-5" at best. Just got in the water an felt around until they found what they were after....ooh, not me!

Frankenmuth Tom

Lynchburg Virginia born and raised! Have lived for extended periods of time in Chula Vista CA., Rekyavik Iceland, Manamma Bahrain, and currently on the main Island of Japan, Honshu, in a litttle town called Iwakuni, always a Virginian! Oh yeah and my wife is from Davenport Iowa:)

I'm from a place called Bow, Washington. If youre looking on a map, look for Mt. Vernon, Bellingham or even Seattle. It is relativley close to all. :)

Kayla:)

I know I know
How can a person dive in Iowa? Well that's where I live and yes we have more than just cornfields, hog confinements, and nursing homes. We have a flooded quarry pit that is very popular with local divers just 2 minutes from my house here in Mason City Population: 27,000 or so.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom