Where do you keep your snorkel?

Where do you keep your snorkel?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do people do the surface swim with the snorkel unattached and then stow it?
Mine is for exceptional use only as my stowage method, on the tank bands, does not allow easy restowage. It would be very handy for scouting out the bottom and the kelp layout on surface swims, but I make do with breath holds and a bungee'd reg in case of need. Your back is not the most practical for getting good utility vs emergency use from the snorkel.

it depends. If I'm in a location where I need to spend lots of time on the surface before or after the dive, or there is potential of coming across a whale shark, I'm definitely diving with a snorkel and I'll put up with it. In all other cases, it's in my dive bag on the boat or on shore.

I checked folded in pocket. But this becomes more and more rare. Mostly I don't use one--except where there could be a danger of unexpected currents or something else of concern that would need a long surface swim to shore.

I need to get some additions to the poll:

1: Sideways up the Instructor/Divemaster's behind(s) AKA crammed up their keester.

2: Used as a beerbong for Tap Stands on the back of the blackbeards livaboard.

I have offered Both of these servicies a couple of times. The beer bong one was more fun.

I have mine on my mask as I use it a fair bit on the surface. I sometimes find kicking on my back (especially flutter) strains my legs, so I'll roll over and frog kick with my mask half-in and half-out of the water. Rarely dive in places where there's any danger of snagging it, and if there is I'll slide it down as low in the clip as possible.

Snorkel?? I thought I was diving. Anyway I have been on a couple different charters who actually scolded divers for not keeping their reg in while climbing the ladder, even new divers who had their snorkel in. What kind of message is that?

Snorkel?? I thought I was diving. Anyway I have been on a couple different charters who actually scolded divers for not keeping their reg in while climbing the ladder, even new divers who had their snorkel in. What kind of message is that?

Is your issue what's being said or how? I'm assuming it's the how, with them being overly harsh in how it's communicated, as opposed to recommending a good practice.

I answered in the gear bag which is true unless I am snorkeling. If I am diving in Queensland where they require you to carry one, I have a foldable one in my pocket.

Rolled up in my pocket in my BCD. Most recently used when we dove the Blue Hole. We held at the surface in groups waiting for pickup. The boat was going to be running, with exhaust present while boarding. I wanted to make sure we had plenty of gas so switched to the snorkel once we surfaced.

https://smile.amazon.com/Scuba-Choi...id=1503060290&sr=1-1&keywords=roll+up+snorkel

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom