Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Waste Belt

Votes: 28 45.2%
  • Pocket (if available)

Votes: 7 11.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

carldarl

Contributor
Reaction score
Setting up my Transpac and trying to decide where to mount my small BC knife. On my vest BC I mounted it on the shoulder strap. Tried it on my cumberbund but it didn't work well. Now I have my shears/slate on my cumberbund and I can't decide on LP hose, shoulder strap or elswhere. I could also mount a small Gerber folding SS knife in a small sheath on the waste belt. What to do?

Neither, I have mine mounted on my BC under my pocket. It's a Scubapro Sport Classic, so the knife will mount under the left pocket.

Where do I mount my knife? ... Now, that's a rather personal question.

Oh, you mean where do I keep it on my gear? I've got it on the left BCD integrated weight pocket. I can reach it with my right hand across my chest or with my left by reversing my wrist.

Inside left calf with sharp pointy knife, Ti folder clipped off inside right pocket of BCD, and sea snips mounted to right shoulder of BCD. The poll did not offer me that, ; )

Don't carry one any more but when I did it was mounted on my BCD pocket flap. The nylon scabbard attached with 2 plastic rivets and stayed in place. Knife was always easy to reach when needed but about the only thing I ever used it for was banging on my tank to signal my dive buddy. Once I designed my own "clacker" for u/w signalling it was just one more thing I had to rinse off after every dive and I stowed it in the box with other out-of-use gear.

'Slogger

Knife on waist strap, shears in pocket.

daniel f aleman:
Where is the "Waste Belt"? Parts of Nevada?

I thought it was a belt used to secure a colostomy bag. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom