Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Waste Belt

Votes: 28 45.2%
  • Pocket (if available)

Votes: 7 11.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On my Zeagle Ranger, my primary (pointed, 3 inch blade) on my upper left chest strap so I can get at it with either hand. Shears mounted between right weight pouch and BC body. 6 inch dull knife on right lower tank strap. Can't see the last two, but they are easy to reach

Saw one instructor who prefers a small knife on his inflator hose. The hose never floats around that way. It all depends on where you have room and what you might need it for.

I've been mulling this task over when setting up my gear, I was thinking about handle down on my tank... then being able to grab it by reaching behind me... it locks into the sheath, so I don't think it'd fall out. anyone try that. or am I revealing how new of a diver I am? (I havn't tried it yet, didn't want to look like an newby)

carldarl:
Setting up my Transpac and trying to decide where to mount my small BC knife. On my vest BC I mounted it on the shoulder strap. Tried it on my cumberbund but it didn't work well. Now I have my shears/slate on my cumberbund and I can't decide on LP hose, shoulder strap or elswhere. I could also mount a small Gerber folding SS knife in a small sheath on the waste belt. What to do?

Tried most every configuration on my Transpac. Settled on this:
-Small fixed blade knife(3" blade) and sheath attached inverted to chest strap.
-Medium trauma shears in pouch on waist strap.
(You do carry two cutting tools don't you?)

The trauma shears have to be replaced every so often because the blade rivet corrodes. But they are only about $5 each so no big deal.

Definite No-Nos: Large knife on leg. Knife attached to shoulder straps. Folding knives. Why: Entanglement, Gets in way of other things, Corrosion and difficulty unfolding with one hand in gloves.

One thing I find interesting is no one mentioned the forearm.

When I have carried a knife I have carried it on my forearm. It's easily accessible, I can see it, and it doesn't get snagged on anything.

Of course that's just me though, YMMV.

ArcticDiver:
Tried most every configuration on my Transpac. Settled on this:
-Small fixed blade knife(3" blade) and sheath attached inverted to chest strap.
-Medium trauma shears in pouch on waist strap.
(You do carry two cutting tools don't you?).

Indeed I do. Shears are in a small pouch with a very small slate on my waist strap. I used to carry my knife on my left shoulder strap but haven't decided on the Transpac.

Still haven't dived it yet and now with my surgery next wek it will be awhile before i get to try it out. :frown:

:D

"Now this is a knife" Crocodile Dundee

The question is where do you mount it...:D

But think how little lead you'd have to carry...:D

GIANT 39.5 INCH STILETTO $ 1,499.95

HUGE 39.4 INCH WORKING STILETTO

SAVE $500.00 !!!!!

Blade length: 18"

Length of closed knife: 21"½

Bolsters: Brass Polished Bolsters

SOLID COCOBOLO Wood scales. SOLID BRASS BOLSTERS, Working button and safety. All in all a fully functional Italian made custom Made Stiletto that just happens to be 40 INCHES long open. These are VERY RARE and seldom seen let alone offered for sale. Laminated "frostwood" models are offered by Italian companies for almost A THOUSAND DOLLARS MORE than our price and the savings in shipping are huge! This one is solid COCOBOLO wood.

Weight: 20.00 lbs

Back
Top Bottom