Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Waste Belt

Votes: 28 45.2%
  • Pocket (if available)

Votes: 7 11.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have mine on a bungie loop inside my left BC pocket, and a pair of EMT shears inside my right pocket. While one can imagine scenarios that require one to have the knife instantly available, all of the entanglements I've encountered were better handled with slow, deliberate actions. I'd mount it in a more accessible place if I were diving rivers with current >3kts.

daniel f aleman:
Where is the "Waste Belt"? Parts of Nevada?
New Jersey :D:D:D

carldarl:
Setting up my Transpac......
I have a Transpac. My knife is just to the left of the cummerband/waistband buckle. It can't move anywhere because of the buckle and is easy to get at (I'm right handed).

mine came with a nifty little kit so that it could be fixed onto the outside of your BCs pocket by making 2 little holes

Primary zip tied to LP hose. Shears in right thigh pocket.

i have a uk blue tang titanium knife that doesnt get wet anymore, i have replaced with a steak knife worn dir on the belt. if only i could find another way to mount the uk knife:)

A large knife, not pointed, on my left outer thigh; A medium knife (not pointed) on my left wrist console; A simple surgical shears on my left chest strap. The rivet is drilled out and replaced with a stainless steel bolt and nut.

Why two knives? Because in the terrifying event that you are getting more and more ensnared while cutting yourself out of old trawler netting, you could easily drop a knife. Isn't it nice you brought a backup?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom