Where should we dive in Belize AC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gkornfeld

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
We are going to be staying in Abergris Caye..... My son is almost 13 in feb....and we are both newly certified. We will not be doing the blue hole. We are thinking 3 or 4 days of 2 tank dives.

I'm not sure how to fill those dives or where to go etc? Can someone spell out an agenda for us?

Thanks
Gregg

I dove with Bottom Time Divers a few years ago and were fantastic. The divemaster we had was ....I can't recall his name but he was always ready to point critters out to us but at the same time let us dive our own profile. I would give them a look.

When we were in AC a couple of years back, we dove with Ecologic Divers. A great shop to work with - great DM's, and definitely safety oriented.

I dove with Bottom Time Divers a few years ago and were fantastic. The divemaster we had was ....I can't recall his name but he was always ready to point critters out to us but at the same time let us dive our own profile. I would give them a look.

The DM you dove with was almost certainly Rudy Duran. He's no longer with Bottom Time, but started his own dive center Island Divers. He's now an instructor. You'll get the same experience with him that you had at Bottom Time.

When we were in AC a couple of years back, we dove with Ecologic Divers. A great shop to work with - great DM's, and definitely safety oriented.

We did ecologic as well and they were great! you can also hire them to do an entire day with a beach picnic and mix dives/snorkels. It was great to get a day with one of the boats to ourselves.

You are right Peter, it was Rudy whom we dove with. Thanks for the info. I will most certainly look up Island divers next stop to San Pedro.

Gregg - there are no bad dive centers on Ambergris Caye and you are likely to choose on geographical location and personal inclination. If you're particularly concerned about looking after your 13-year old then there are several individuals I consider very good with kids. Rudy (above) is one, "Junior" Tillett at Ecologic is another, Elbert at White Sands is another. I'm being unfair in singling out these people as they're only the ones I know and there are lots of others I don't. You need to go to a dive center and talk to them and go with your gut feeling.

A lot depends on where you'll be staying. If you already know that then can you please say; if you don't and want advice then give me some clues (cost, type of resort, quiet/busy, near/distant to town, etc). Your question as it stands is too general.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom