Where to buy at Toronto??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eholiveira

Reaction score
My wife will travell to Toronto/Canada at the end of November and I'll ask her a favor: to buy my first diving watch.

I'd like to know whether someone knows some nice place for her to buy a Suunto Vyper or a Citizen Hyper Aqualand over there.

By "nice place" please read as "having a nice price". If it's a diving shop, even better, since she knows nothing about diving...

TIA and warm hugs from Brazil

eholiveira

You might want to look at buying the Vyper from, Simply Scuba or DiveInn (even LP). You will save about $80 Cdn going that route (compared to Divesource) and it might be easier for service or warranty work unless you are travelling to Canada on a regular basis (this calculation was based on shipping to Canada). You should also see if there is additional benifits or penalties taking this back to Brazil when your wife returns home. You will also have to pay 15% tax when you purchase it here and I'm not sure if you can get this back.

If you want to buy this product in Canada, then Divesourse has the lowest price that I have seen advertised here and what I have seen in LDS's in the area.

Enjoy your purchase from where ever you get it,

Ian

Hello Ian,

Thnx for the tip, I've checked DiveInn prices and in fact they are MUCH cheaper than other LDS I've found (less US$ 100 for Suunto Vyper!! Comparing to Brazil, it's yet better, more than US$ 250...).

However, I've got kind of confused, since DiveInn seems to be located at Spain. I've seen some chat at this board discussing that fact and it seems that there is a DiveInn store in US, but I could not find its address at Toronto.

Abuseing of your help, can you give me some directions to find it? I'll have to explain that to my wife, and she's not very fond of buying such watch without knowing anything about diving - if I ask her to findout where is the store, she'll kill me :boom:

Rgds,

Evaldo

DiveInn is not in Toronto - it is an online store. Not sure where exactly it is located. It is generally going to be cheaper buying online at places like that (also www.leisurepro.com), but there are warranty issues you should be aware of. Check with the store where you buy - if online, they generally offer you a store warranty rather than a manufacturer's warranty.

Too bad, because if I buy through Internet to ship to Brazil, I'll have to afford with almost 100% importing taxes when I receive it here. So, no way...

That's why when some of us travel to Europe/USA/Canada, we take the chance and buy things locally. We are allowed to buy until US$ 500,00 without taxes during such travels, but the item must be acquired during the trip.

So I think I'll have to keep my search for a store at Toronto - hopefully with such good prices as DiveInn.

Rgds,

Evaldo

You're not going to be able to find prices at local shops that would match the prices you would find online at places like DiveInn or LeisurePro.

Divesource is a short drive from Toronto. At $550 cdn, add 15% tax, so that becomes $632 Cdn. With the current exchange rates, that is just less than $500 US.

They are not hard to get to though they are not in Toronto it's self, here is the map

http://www.divesource.com/new/prod.html?catid=299&group=299&id=415

Though not in Toronto proper it is within the Greater Toronto Area, approx 1 hr from Downtown. If your wife will have a car it is fairly easy to get to as there are major highways all the way to this store. I have not bought anything from this store so can not vouch for it, though most stores here are fairly easy to deal with.

If your wife does not want to go outside of the core of Toronto here are some additional stores you could call to get pricing.

Aquarius Scuba
diving@aquariusscuba.com
www.aquariusscuba.com

Water Sports
info@watersportsscuba.com
watersportsscuba.com/

Waterline Sports
1953 Avenue Road
Toronto , ON M5M 4A3 , Canada
Phone: (416) 488-6000
Fax: (416) 449-2783

Call or email each of these stores and you can ask their prices and availablity of the products you are looking for. Just as a note, it will cost your wife between $20 - $30 Cdn (or more, one way) to get a taxi to Divesource from downtown Toronto, so factor that in when you decide on where to go.

Best of luck,

Ian

They are not hard to get to though they are not in Toronto it's self, here is the map

http://www.divesource.com/new/prod.html?catid=299&group=299&id=415

Though not in Toronto proper it is within the Greater Toronto Area, approx 1 hr from Downtown. If your wife will have a car it is fairly easy to get to as there are major highways all the way to this store. I have not bought anything from this store so can not vouch for it, though most stores here are fairly easy to deal with.

If your wife does not want to go outside of the core of Toronto here are some additional stores you could call to get pricing.

Aquarius Scuba
diving@aquariusscuba.com
www.aquariusscuba.com

Water Sports
info@watersportsscuba.com
watersportsscuba.com/

Waterline Sports
1953 Avenue Road
Toronto , ON M5M 4A3 , Canada
Phone: (416) 488-6000
Fax: (416) 449-2783

Call or email each of these stores and you can ask their prices and availablity of the products you are looking for. Just as a note, it will cost your wife between $20 - $30 Cdn (or more, one way) to get a taxi to Divesource from downtown Toronto, so factor that in when you decide on where to go.

Best of luck,

Ian

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom