Where to buy at Toronto??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wlo93 once bubbled...
You're not going to be able to find prices at local shops that would match the prices you would find online at places like DiveInn or LeisurePro.

Divesource is a short drive from Toronto. At $550 cdn, add 15% tax, so that becomes $632 Cdn. With the current exchange rates, that is just less than $500 US.

You should be able to apply to get the taxes you paid back from the Canadian government. There's probably a website with more info.

Diverlady

:)

I know it is a bit late but to do that you could buy your equipment from Ebay.

If you agree with the vendor that he ships through USPS there is a good chance that you won't be charged the custom duty charge (and the brokerage fee that usually goes with it!)

S.

I just wanted to say that I am from Toronto and have shopped around for gear extensively last year and the best deal I got was from Dan's Dive Shop in St Catherines (about 1 hour from the Toronto Airport). The web site is
http://www.dansdiveshop.ca/
I compared and once you convert from Canadian to American $'s the savings over LeasurePro and other internet shops is huge!
I think that we simply pay less in Canada for dive stuff for some reason.
And yes, you can apply to get the taxes back (GST I think) on goods you purchased and are taking out of the country - ask at the Airport on the way in how it is done.
Happy shopping!

The eBay idea happened to me, but I did not feel confortable to buy it by the web and send it to Canada, so that my wife can meet the package when she arrives...I believe I could do that even with LP or DiveInn, but US$500 is too much money for me to face the risk :)

I'll contact each of these stores and check their prices, I think that Dan's Dive shop and Dive Source are good hints - and for sure I'll let all of you from Scuba Board know which one had better prices!

BTW, this board is great, I've never had such a help from any other board members - I guess the diving community is very solidary :)

Warm hugs,

Evaldo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom