(Where to ) Buy computer ( Vyper )

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

M_B

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello,
After spending some time on search button and reading the results, I made my mind and finally decided to go with Vyper for my "best part". I was very excited that the hard part is behind and all i need to do is to find a right site to punch numbers of mine cc in .....

Apparently i've been extremely mistaken, quick search confirm that i can't buy Vyper ( any suunto ) machines on the web. I call a couple of local shops and was "pleasantly" :eek: surprised with the price of ~$500.

At the same time i found one ( so far ) site - guys seems to operate from EU where i can get it for reasonable money ~$300 US. But i'm not sure what would be a procedure, if i need to service the computer . Also i don't really want to find out that i don't have warranty, just because i got it from EU ( or for any other stupid reason ).

So, any hints on where to buy would be gladly appreciated as well as what should i check before going for this deal.

thank you in advance.

Sure you can. Leisure Pro has Vyper for just over $300 US. I am sure they have them in stock. LP is not authorized dealer but they provide their own warranty.

Ditto on LP. I bought mine there and am really happy with the price, service, etc.

I've also bought a reg setup there, as well as Transpac II, wings, etc.

hmmm...
And what is the story with warranty and that suunto doesn't allow to sell it's items on web ? How this can affect my purchase?

Here are LP's warranty policies from the horses mouth. LP Warranty As far as what are the advantages/disadvantages to purchasing from them, just do a search for leisure pro and you will find more information to read about purchasing from them than you could ever want. Use your own judgement and take a lot of what you read with a grain of salt. What may be important to you may not be important to other people and vice versa.

Best of luck with whatever you decide.

TTSkipper

i should sleep more :rolleyes: -
1. Guys are next door to my office ( well - 3blocks ).
2. Prices are the same - either i'm buying from website or walking in the shop.
3. Warranty - well RTFM, Andrew , RTFM!
I spoke with Sam ( LP sales ) - he said that they either replace or fix the product.

So far i'm satisfied. thank you everybody - it was a little bit silly of me to start this topic. In any case - appreciate your response.

As far as LP's warrenty's are concerned, they are solid. You do feel a bit out on a limb bcs of what your local shop says about not being a a certified retailer and purchasing $$ items from a website. However, I have bought all sorts of items from LP- and have had no issue with reterns or replacements over the years....

thought i would pass it along...

Vin

and I have, and do, buy "important" stuff from them.

Never had a lick of trouble.

thank you for responses and comment.

I went to their NYC location earlier today - nice LDS :)

Seems like they do NOT have Christams sale. but they do have sale on items we can see on site.... i'm not sure if this can be considered as "Xmas sale".... But i'm new to this, so i'm not judging.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom