Where to buy small amount of cave line?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cvrle1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Not sure if this is the right forum, so if it is not, I apologize in advance.

Does anyone know where I could buy small amount of cave line. I need to tie 5 bolt snaps to equipment and would rather not buy 50+ ft of line just to do that.

I saw some nylon line on ebay but no idea how strong and durable it would be, and would rather not risk losing some equipment due to weak line.

Send me your address and I can mail you some. Stamp is on me!

If you're fussy about colour, I've got pink. :wink:

I find that I use more cave line than I realize. Very useful stuff...plus the knots on the bolt snaps can loosen over time and its good to have line around to re-tie.

I'll take it, how much?

---------- Post added ----------

The pink cave line that is......seriously.

I've got a $&!tpile laying around, pm me an address & i'll send you 20 or 30' gratis

I literally ordered a roll of twine today from Amazon, but I want to change my spools caveline as it is starting to fray.

If anyone else ever needs some #24 can be had from Amazon, along with #36 although it comes in like 800+ ft rolls.

Edit: Removed incorrect link.

Last edited:
I'll take it, how much?

---------- Post added ----------

The pink cave line that is......seriously.

Where are you located and how much are you looking for? Maybe a PMed response is better...

For anyone else looking I am switching a couple spools from 18 & 24 to 36 and will have some yellow/gold 18 & 24 yellow laying around. Anything less than say 20 feet - free. More than that say $2 to cover the bigger envelope and postage. And get a HOG sticker with it!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom