Where to go in Central America?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GregFil

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello,
I want to go to Central America for vacation at the end of November 2004. The problem is I don't know what the best place to go. I want to spend around 10 days there. I guess I’m looking for a good diving, since I’m single I want to have a nice entertaining also. I would appreciate any suggestions.
Thank you in advance.

I will recommend Costa Rica....good diving and i'm pretty sure they have some good nightlife. I've been there a few times, and the diving i really good.

Ambergris Caye is nice. And if you want less touristy stuff Caye Caulker is right next to it.

Costa Rica is a good choice.

Honduras (Utila)

I've been to Belize (Ambergris Caye & Placencia), Honduras (Roatan), and Costa Rica (Guanacaste) and would rate them in that order. Belize had by far the best diving, with abundant marine life and good visability. And it also has a ton of land-based activities (on the mainland rather than the cayes, though). From what I saw, nightlife in all three places consists of casual bars with a mix of people drinking. Good luck with your planning!

Thanks a lot for your help.Now I think I will try to search for this places(Balize,Honduras,Costa Rica).
Coud you please tell me what is the best places to dive in Costa Rica,Honduras and belize,and ,if it's not a problem name of the hotels were you've been.Thank you again

In Costa Rica the diving is in Guanacaste....I"ve stayed at the www.flordeitabo.com it's a really nice place, fairly cheap and just down the street from the beach. also, another place that is good is the ocotal beach resort also in Guanacaste located on the beach. I haven't been to Belize yet..so, can't help with that.

Scuba65:
In Costa Rica the diving is in Guanacaste....I"ve stayed at the www.flordeitabo.com it's a really nice place, fairly cheap and just down the street from the beach. also, another place that is good is the ocotal beach resort also in Guanacaste located on the beach. I haven't been to Belize yet..so, can't help with that.
====================================
Thank you...It makes my search much easier :)

GregFil:
Hello,
I want to go to Central America for vacation at the end of November 2004. The problem is I don't know what the best place to go. I want to spend around 10 days there. I guess I’m looking for a good diving, since I’m single I want to have a nice entertaining also. I would appreciate any suggestions.
Thank you in advance.

Lots of good places in Central America.......You gonna do your own deal or you gonna use an agency? You looking for upscale resort stuff or roll your own trip & dive? Give us a little more info and you'll get a lot more help from the board.

Regards,

I recommend El Ocotal in Costa Rica. It's near the town of Playa del Coco...quick trip by taxi with plenty of nightlife. Awesome diving, spectacular life....bull sharks, marlin, devilrays, big stuff.

Cudabait:
Lots of good places in Central America.......You gonna do your own deal or you gonna use an agency? You looking for upscale resort stuff or roll your own trip & dive? Give us a little more info and you'll get a lot more help from the board.

Regards,
it's really doesn't matter.I just want to spend my vacation time is good is possible.I don't care how good the hotel will be ,ussually i only sleep there.That's why i'm looking for a place with a good night life so I can mix it with diving :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom