Where to go in Central America?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks again.
I already looking forward for this trip.
It's look very promissing.
Just for info:Is there any good diving spot on the caribbien side of Costa Rica?

Nope...the currents are very very strong. all diving is done in Guanacaste.

Scuba65:
Nope...the currents are very very strong. all diving is done in Guanacaste.

that is correct. all of the dive sites mentioned thus far in this thread are in Guanacaste, which is the northern Pacific coast.

please remember that it is currently the rainy season down there, so the visibility is not going to be ideal. my trip was in mid-december, when the rainy season had just ended. still the visibility was on and off depending on the day and dive site.

do spend a couple of days at the volcano (Arenal). do the hot springs and canopy tour. they are well worth it.

if you are planning on renting a car and drive, watch out for those gigantic potholes, which are practically covering the roads. and i don't recommend driving at night. the road system itself is not up to snuff, akin to driving through the most back roads of winding vermont or new hampshire WITHOUT road signs. especially getting to and from the volcano, some portions of the roads can be dangerous at night: you are going through mountains where a cloud cover is perpetual, which means FOG and RAIN all the way through. boy, do i have a story about that drive.

have fun! :wink:

I got very good answers .Thank you everybody so much.
Now i will wait till November :) and go to Costa Rica

cheapest airline ive found.....208 from MIA, was 188 when i went in june,
www.martinairusa.com.
I'm planning a return trip back in december (been away too long), I'll check out rich coast diving.

I'm still in that "just got back from vacation" mode and am checking out prices to go back already. I'm checking out from October 16 thru 22 if anyone else is going to be there.

My boss is recovering from brain surgery and is all about taking time to take care of yourself. So, I have her convinced that it is a good idea for me to take 5-7 days off every month. That way I will be a happy person. "I haven't been anywhere since April and see how miserable I have been!!"

Just sick!! LOL

This is the best addiction ever.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom