Which Apeks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I found a site that sells ATX50 2nd's separately. But I can not find a site that sells ATX200 1st's separately. I want 2 ATX200's 1st for doubles coupled to two ATX 50 2nd's as primary and alternates. Anyone know of a place to buy the ATX 200 1sts?

oharag

PS what about rebuild kits for the above?

oharag:
the ATX200 and ATX50 second stages are the same (except for the sticker). If you want the ATX200, buy the ATX200. IMO, the ATX200 is not worth the extra $$$$$.

scubajay:
I don't find a big difference between having a turrent or not. On my right tank I want the SPG to come around my right side so I just attach the first stage upside down so that the the HP port points in the correct direction. Just gets rid of one failure point.

dennisgrimm, I want to buy the ATX 200 First Stage not Second Stage. The ATX 200 First Stage is different from the DS4 (or what ever) that normally is bundled with the ATX 50 Second Stage.

oharag

Dennisgrimm

Ok, the ATX 50 seems to be the choice of many. Looks like I will also be going that route. So in your opinion what would be the best 1st stage.

oharag, you are confused. dennisgrimm is saying that the atx 200 and 50 second stages are identical. therefore, your idea of getting an atx 200 first and an atx50 second is exactly the same as going atx 200 for first and second.

docmartin,

oharag posted:

I found a site that sells ATX50 2nd's separately. But I can not find a site that sells ATX200 1st's separately. I want 2 ATX200's 1st for doubles coupled to two ATX 50 2nd's as primary and alternates. Anyone know of a place to buy the ATX 200 1sts?

dennisgrimm responded:

oharag:
the ATX200 and ATX50 second stages are the same (except for the sticker). If you want the ATX200, buy the ATX200. IMO, the ATX200 is not worth the extra $$$$$.

I know the ATX 200 and ATX 50 Second Stages are nearly identical. That's is why I'm going to go with the ATX 50 Second Stage. My other comment was where can I find just the ATX 200 First Stage for sale. I believe dennisgrimm thought I was looking for a ATX 200 Second Stage instead of the ATX 50 Second Stage I had originally proposed. Instead I wanted the ATX 200 First Stage which is different that Apek's other First Stages that they manufacture. Thus the reason for wanting an ATX 200 First Stage. This led to my comment:

dennisgrimm, I want to buy the ATX 200 First Stage not Second Stage. The ATX 200 First Stage is different from the DS4 (or what ever) that normally is bundled with the ATX 50 Second Stage.

oharag

PS does anyone know where to buy just the ATX First Stage online?

scubajay - you cant really go wrong with any of the apeks 1st stages, but you might want to consider the environment you are diving. e.g. if diving in local cold and or dirty water, the "dry sealed" regs might serve you well.

I havent seen any atx200 1st sold separately.

Mostly my dives will be in the North East but I also go to the Carribean once or twice year. I would like a set up that I can use for both environment. I would like to have two set ups but right now my $$ does not stretch that far.

oharag, maybe i am confused but i still don't get it. you want an atx 200 first with an atx 50 second, correct? well, that's what apeks sells as the atx200. they take an atx200 1st and an atx50 2nd and put the 200 sticker on the 50.

atx200 1st + atx50 2nd = atx200 1st + atx200 2nd

therefore, even if you could find it it makes no sense to look for a separate atx200 1st and an atx50 2nd. it's no different and it would be more expensive as buying the apeks' 1st and 2nds separately always adds up to more than the package. just buy a complete atx200. it is the same thing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom