which arm for dive computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use a console although if I did use a watch and it was BULKY, I would put it on the left side so that it doesn't accidentally pull on my reg hose....

I wear my primary computer on my right wrist, and my backup computer on the left along with my compass.

Bottom timer (or computer) on right wrist and compass on left.
If I'm bug diving then both go on the left so I can leave my right arm clean for bug grabs and reaching into holes.
I tried to go back to a console for bug diving to leave both arms clean but found it was a pain to always have to reach for the console to use compass and monitor air and depth.

I use a console although if I did use a watch and it was BULKY, I would put it on the left side so that it doesn't accidentally pull on my reg hose....

I don't understand your comment. Could you explain further?

I don't understand your comment. Could you explain further?

The reg hose passes on the right…. so what I meant is that a bulky wrist computer could easily catch your hose while you extend your arm. I view it as an unnecessary hassle so why not just leave the computer on the left… Of course it only applies if it's real bulky….

Interesting. I wear my watch on my left hand and always have, but it has never been a problem for me to look at the right wrist for my computer, which is where it has lived since I gave up the console. I dive in a horizontal position with my arms somewhat out in front of me, and the computer is just sitting there, waiting to be glanced at.

I wear my wrist dive computer on my right arm so I can monitor it while ascending. . . . I see a lot of divers with their computers on their right arm. Does this present a problem when ascending, purging air from the BC and trying to monitor depth at the same time? . . . What is your preference and why?
I actually wear one (computer) on each forearm. When I wear only one, it is usually on my left forearm. When ascending, i do not find it a problem, even if I am venting with my inflator hose. Because I wear my light (can light head, or smaller back-up light in a Goiodman Glove) on my right hand, I find it easier to use the computer that is on my left forearm. Also, if I am ascending with my buddy in a current, and we are holding onto the acent line, I also find I can look over his shoulder (if I am slightly shallower), or he can look over my shoulder (if he is slightly shallower) to see our deco or safety stop time status, on the computer on our left forearm.

Left.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom