Which computer between $300-$400?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How does the Aladin 2G stack up against the computers that I mentioned? There have been quite a few reviewers in this thread alone that really like this computer. I was looking at the manual for the Aladin 2G and there are quite a few things that this computer does. Is it as easy to use as the Tusa?

It has everything that the other computers have and is easy to use.

I called LP to talk about warranty on the Tusa IQ-700 and found the following computers that were marked down over the phone:

Tusa IQ-700 - $225
Tusa IQ-750 - $230
Mares Puk - $200

I thought they would all do what I needed at a good price. Any comments on which one to choose and why? Thanks.

Is that 750 price for a new one or rebuilt? I have seen where they have both.

Since the new one runs close to $400, that would be an awesome deal.

It is for a new Tusa IQ-750. Just haven't read too much on this computer. I did take a look at the manual. Does anyone have an opinion on this computer? It seems like a good price, especially when I have seen it listed at $400.

As the OP, just wanted to thank everyone for their comments and suggestions. I finally purchased my new computer today. I bought a Oceanic Geo 2.0 which I found for a reasonable price.

The greatest feature ever to be on a dive computer is on the VEO 3.0...backstep!! The thing goes forward AND BACKWARDS through the menus. This may not seem like amazing but if you are adjusting the mix on your computer and you press to 31% and your meant 30% it means not having to go all the way back around. Or if you're looking at your log and skip the dive you want, you can just go back on. The VEO 2.0 & 3.0 are the only "low cost" computers that do that as far as I know.

Plus the dual algorithm concept is pretty interesting. The Suunto computers are one of the most conservative on the market with Oceanic being on the other end of the spectrum as more liberal. The dual algorithm lets you choose between two so you can adjust to what you want.

The greatest feature ever to be on a dive computer is on the VEO 3.0...backstep!! The thing goes forward AND BACKWARDS through the menus. This may not seem like amazing but if you are adjusting the mix on your computer and you press to 31% and your meant 30% it means not having to go all the way back around. Or if you're looking at your log and skip the dive you want, you can just go back on. The VEO 2.0 & 3.0 are the only "low cost" computers that do that as far as I know.

Plus the dual algorithm concept is pretty interesting. The Suunto computers are one of the most conservative on the market with Oceanic being on the other end of the spectrum as more liberal. The dual algorithm lets you choose between two so you can adjust to what you want.

Just FYI the Geo 2.0 does "backward" as well in the same price range. I'm also a big fan of the backward button

Just FYI the Geo 2.0 does "backward" as well in the same price range. I'm also a big fan of the backward button

yes it does

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom