Which fins to use with drysuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nunomix

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi guys,

I am getting a DUI TLS350 with Turbosoles size L and will be using DUI thinsulate 400g socks. Now I spent a lot of money getting the drysuit but now I do not seem to find fins to use with it.

I tried the Scubapro Jetfins and the XL seems small and XXL is way too big. I heard the Turtle Fins are inbetween the sizes for the Scubapro. Is that true?

What would you recommend?

Regards,

Nuno Sanches e Silva

Recently dealt with the same issue myself. Like you, I found the XL jet fins too small and the XXL too large. Couldn't try on TUrtles, which were supposed to be juuusssstttt right because the LDS didn't have any in stock. I found a better solution, though: get some large wet suit boots and wear them over the drysuit (assuming yours was made to accomodate an external boot). That way I can continue wearing the split fins I like so much. After a lot of looking and asking questions I couldn't find a split with a foot pocket large enough to accomodate the dry suit boot.

MyDiveLog:
Recently dealt with the same issue myself. Like you, I found the XL jet fins too small and the XXL too large. Couldn't try on TUrtles, which were supposed to be juuusssstttt right because the LDS didn't have any in stock. I found a better solution, though: get some large wet suit boots and wear them over the drysuit (assuming yours was made to accomodate an external boot). That way I can continue wearing the split fins I like so much. After a lot of looking and asking questions I couldn't find a split with a foot pocket large enough to accomodate the dry suit boot.

Have you ever tried Twin Jet XL? I wear a Rock boot size 10 with Jet fin XL without 400g socks and Twin Jet XL. I can wear Twin Jet L though, it is tight....

Go to the dive shop, pick up a pair of DUI Rock Boots. When you're in the shop, put the boots on, and try on a set of fins.

I just got the turbosoles specially not to use Rockboots so that is not an option.

Tanked2.0:
Go to the dive shop, pick up a pair of DUI Rock Boots. When you're in the shop, put the boots on, and try on a set of fins.

nunomix,

What size street shoes do you wear? Since I am in the US it would be easier for me if you knew the size of the shoe in US sizes. If you do not know your US size either post your european size and I will attempt to convert or just post the size rock boot the dive shop said you should get if you had gone the rock boot route instead of the turbo soles. By the way, I think you made the better choice with turbo soles.

I am going to guess that the Turtle fins are the way to go, since the XL Jetfins are too small and the XXL Jetfins are too big. The Turtles are sized more or less right between the two.

Kidspot has a really nice web page that compares the Jet fins with the Turtles. You can look at the page and find some nice pictures and measurements.

Good luck and enjoy your new suit!

Mark Vlahos

Well, I hope Kidspot doest mind.. but he has put a realy goood web page together with alot of info on the exact problem... Here, give it a look.Kidspot's Scuba Page

Continued post, because I am too fast with the submit button.. Anyway, I just went through the exact same problem.. and I ened up going with the Turtles, havent tried them yet...but well see..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom