Which type of BC for DM/Instructor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have found that when you are explaining things like the quick releases you can point to the ones on your BCD and they will automaticly be able to find them on theirs.

I found that they can find it MUCH faster when I pointed to the one on THEIR BCD.

IAlso, I have explicitly been told that I can't use a BP&W when DM'ing or instructing as the equipment is different from what the students learn with... I guess this is not the case?

So it is different, and the problem is...? Are you allowed to use your knighthawk? If so, why is it allowed when it is different from the ones used by the students? Are they all using knighthawks?

1 Instructor & 2 Students.

1 BP&W + 2 Jacket BCDs.

Problems? None... :)

View attachment 114948

Where's your snorkel!:no:

To OP: Stick with what you have. They're both good BC's.

Maybe grab a shop BCD for CW5 so you can do R&R Scuba unit.

Jackets are only safe if paired with a Spare Air. It mollifies them... like cat-nip for a feline. :D

True real men can CESA from 70m using a spare air and still have enough gas to do their safety stop.

Back to the original question: for teaching in the open water I have become very fond of the sea quest pro. Lots of lift, decent pockets, and enough o rings to attach other stuff for teaching. Everyone one has a personal preference. I find there is value to wearing the general type of equipment the students are wearing. Better for demonstration and discussion. I use an older sea quest balance in the pool. When I am diving for pleasure I have other gear I use, depending on location and conditions. For teaching, though, I think wearing what the students wear is important.
DivemasterDennis

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom