White Finger tips..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree, Raynauld and carpal tunnel syndrome should both be considered. Stop smoking, and it might goes away. If pain persists with purple discoloration, you might have to consider vasculitis (perniosis).

Hey Cerveza,

There is no such disease entity as "Raynauld" syndrome, so I can guarantee that you do not have it. What you describe does, however, very much sound like "Raynaud's phenomenon" (named after the French physician Maurice Raynaud (1834-1881)) and it seems prudent that you be medically evaluated for this likelihood.

While I cannot 100% guarantee that you do not have perniosis (aka chilblains), I can 99%+ guarantee that you don't. Here's a brief description of that condition and a photo of a rather mildly affected hand----> Chilblains: What causes it? - MayoClinic.com

Regards,

DocVikingo

I agree with Raynaud's as a working diagnosis. Nicotine is out. You can confirm the diagnosis with a digital plethysmography study done in a certified vascular lab with a cold challenge followe by a dose of nitroglycerine. The tracings will confirm it.

This is offered for educational purposes and does not consititute medical advice.

I have it bad also....had severe frostbite in the army and almost lost my fingers in Europe. 22 yrs later I just wear gloves and the problem is managable. Especially while diving in temps below 70*F...its like an old friend now and a cool trick at parties with my hand in the cooler :rofl3: My hands look just like the pic posted....exactly....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom