Who does not like their Hog regs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Swivels!?...... We don't need no stinking swivels.

They are nice for hose routing... I'll show you a photo later this evening when I get back to the house... I'd certainly sell the d2 for a d1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are nice for hose routing... I'll show you a photo later this evening when I get back to the house... I'd certainly sell the d2 for a d1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I understand. I once remarked to someone that their double ScubaPro MK25s (I think) was the most elegant looking doubles configuration I'd ever seen... and I don't usually remark about stuff. I think they thought I was daft, then they offered me whisky.

Regs are like beers... there is either not enough, or just enough. But never too many.

Am I to understand that Hog won't sell rebuild kits unless you have attended one of their courses? Doesn't work for me as I live in the middle of nowhere and would have to make a special trip. Many of the major brands will sell parts freely, so that's where my money goes. Oh well, I would have liked to try one.

HOG does not sell parts kits. HOG dealers do however. In the US most of the majors will not sell kits to individual divers. Dive Rite allows it as does Zeagle from time to time. That seems to change. There is no prohibition on me selling you kits for your HOG regs. However if you screw the reg up servicing it you are solely liable for that if you have not taken the course. What has happened is people who don't take the course, probably some who should not be opening up a reg anyway, screw it up, and expect that to be warrantied. The, " I found an apeks manual on line and so and so said they were the same" or "I have serviced similar regs so what's different about this one that I screwed it up" says volumes.

add Poseidon to that list Jim.

Hey, we are right when we say that following the DST service schedule for Apeks will work for the D1, and same with the DS4/D2, problem is like what you said, most of those guys shouldn't be inside of a regulator in the first place.... At least the D3 has a replacement crown which is what they usually fubar anyway. Hell, that's how most of us serviced them until the course came out and most of us that are trained Apeks techs never bothered with the course and haven't had problems with them.

However if you screw the reg up servicing it you are solely liable for that if you have not taken the course.

And If you've taken the course.....what? You're not liable for screwing it up. Is there a replacement program for course-takers who screw up their regulators?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom