Who hates their White Fusion Dry Suit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love my suit, yes it took a while to get use to getting it on or off but and use to it now and can do it as quick as everyone else in other suits. In the water it is great, I dive side-mount and the only problem is getting to the pockets as they are half covered by my tanks. My only problem is the zip, I have now had 2 fail around the bottom of the bend. I would be happy to keep diving them if I could stop the zip from pulling apart. I am supprized to not find other people having the same problem.

I'm slowly beginning to have serious "hate" moments with mine, even though I like a lot about the suit... strictly speaking, it has never really been a completely "dry" suit, since I've never been able to resolve the mysterious sources of leaks that so far seem to evade all my attempts at a leak test.

Not me...one of the few things I am completely satisfied with among my initial purchases is my Fusion Sport with the SLT upgrade.Only thing I didn't like is the Antares dry gloves, but thats no fault of theirs.

That being said this is the only dry suit I've ever used.

White Fusion Sport with bullet skin and extra skin.
Evo3 rock boots (size 10)
Whites HEAT drysuit hood with rear zip.
MK2 Glacier Undergarment Jumpsuit and Jacket.
3mm Neoprene socks
Whites drysuit bag,
gloves are not attached
check out the White sizing chart
*Sport Diving - Fusion Sport Drysuit - Whites Diving

Your profile says you are in Gilroy. So Mk2 is definitely and totally the warm undergarment. IT is way too thin for Monterey water. Also 3mm neoprene socks are not the right either. I wonder who sold you the setup to begin with. If it is a dive shop, then shop misleaded you and sold you wrong items

Different strokes for different folks. I love my Bullet!!

I love my suit, yes it took a while to get use to getting it on or off but and use to it now and can do it as quick as everyone else in other suits. In the water it is great, I dive side-mount and the only problem is getting to the pockets as they are half covered by my tanks. My only problem is the zip, I have now had 2 fail around the bottom of the bend. I would be happy to keep diving them if I could stop the zip from pulling apart. I am supprized to not find other people having the same problem.
Why do you suppose the zippers are failing - strain? I seem to be on the border between the L/XL and the 2/3XL sizes. I've tried both in the pool but the Tech L/XL only with MK2 undergarments, which I gather may not be adequate here. I'm afraid if I stuff the MK3 in there, the suit will be a bit snug and strain the zipper. Having tried the larger suit with a Tech skin, I'd really prefer to make the L/XL work if I can. It's a much sleeker feel.

I'm slowly beginning to have serious "hate" moments with mine, even though I like a lot about the suit... strictly speaking, it has never really been a completely "dry" suit, since I've never been able to resolve the mysterious sources of leaks that so far seem to evade all my attempts at a leak test.
Are the leaks somewhere in the body? I had good luck by plugging the sleeves and neck with plastic jars, and inflating the inner suit minus the skin. It showed me just how enormous the 2/3XL suit it, but made it easy to locate two leaks using a spray bottle with diluted dish soap.

Your profile says you are in Gilroy. So Mk2 is definitely and totally the warm undergarment. IT is way too thin for Monterey water. Also 3mm neoprene socks are not the right either. I wonder who sold you the setup to begin with. If it is a dive shop, then shop misleaded you and sold you wrong items
That's good to know. I'm doing a maiden Fusion dive shortly in Monterey, and was considering the MK2 (maybe with a lined skin underneath) over the MK3. I like to be warm, so I may go with the MK3 instead. Why do you recommend against 3mm neoprene socks? I have 7mm boots and was considering the neoprene socks over synthetic wool.

the mk2 can work depending on your personal cold tolerance and the water temp that day in monterey/carmel. i use a mk0 as a base layer and it works for me. I probably would use my exotherm 3 if it got below 52. not a fan of the neoprene socks though, would agree the mk3 socks would work better.

I don't know why the zips give up, I have the large and am on the smaller side of the chart but it still fights tight no me. I like the suit but am looking for a different suit now as am over having to get a new core every time the zip dies, which seem to be every year or so. If I could get the zip to last 5 years or more I would keep diving it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom