Who hates their White Fusion Dry Suit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Your zip issue is very strange indeed. I don't know anyone else with the issue you are experiencing. Do you store/travel with the dryzip closed? The fusion zips will last 'forever' if cared for. What did the repair facility say after the previous repairs/replacements??

I believe that does not count, but scores high on the daily entertainment provided.

If you struggle you are doing it wrong. The fusion is very easy to fit once you understand the suit dynamics.

The zipper on my first Fusion failed where it curved up over my shoulder. That was after about four years of use and over 400 dives. My understanding is that zippers in general don't like curves, and the Fusion zipper routing has three of them.

Both my zips went just below the inflator valve, the first one only a small about 3 teeth I think it was so took a while to find it, the latest has gone in the same place and up towards the closed end but it is much larger so saw it before I got in the water. It was find one day than I waxed the zip that night and put it on the next day and it had given up. I dive sidemount but I can't see that making any differences.

If you struggle you are doing it wrong. The fusion is very easy to fit once you understand the suit dynamics.

Struggle may be a bit exaggerated, but it is anything but easy compared to ALL shell suits. While I wouldn't say it is very difficult, it definitely take more work. It is easier compare to a 7mm wet for sure.

---------- Post added April 9th, 2015 at 01:19 PM ----------

That's good to know. I'm doing a maiden Fusion dive shortly in Monterey, and was considering the MK2 (maybe with a lined skin underneath) over the MK3. I like to be warm, so I may go with the MK3 instead. Why do you recommend against 3mm neoprene socks? I have 7mm boots and was considering the neoprene socks over synthetic wool.

If you wear neoprene socks inside the suit on your skin, that is not very good. Neoprene retains moisture from your sweat inside, you will have cold feet. If you are to wear neoprene sock on top of your suit's dry sock, it maybe better but still not optimal. Water can get in between the neorprene socks and the suit's think dry core. Next to that there are your feets, so there isn't really any insulation for your feet. You are better buying heavy weight smart wool socks from REI wear them inside the suit.

If you wear neoprene socks inside the suit on your skin, that is not very good. Neoprene retains moisture from your sweat inside, you will have cold feet. If you are to wear neoprene sock on top of your suit's dry sock, it maybe better but still not optimal. Water can get in between the neorprene socks and the suit's think dry core. Next to that there are your feets, so there isn't really any insulation for your feet. You are better buying heavy weight smart wool socks from REI wear them inside the suit.

I recently stopped wearing my neoprene socks (and long john underwear on bottom), as I was feeling floaty in the feet. (Whites suit, with the fusion base layer). Trim seems to be much better (feet not going up) but not sure if due to removing neoprene socks, underwear, or both. Do folks think this change would make much of a difference in trim or am I imagining this?

At the moment I wear a thin polypro sock in my drysuit bootie, which must be 5mm, and that goes into my 7mm dive boots. It's true there's always a little sweat and the polypro doesn't absorb it away, but at least warmth isn't an issue. I'll give the heavy socks a try with the Fusion.

I absolutely F-ing hate the fusion drysuits. Without a doubt they are the crappiest drysuit I have experience with. The ONLY thing they are good for is fitting oddly sized people (obese, very skinny, tall ect).

Reactions: Ana
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom