Who is the oldest active diver on SCUBA BOARD?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think DRBILL has me by a few years. I am 67 and still diiving.

Nope, I'm a youngster at 61 although I've been diving 47 years. Glad there are a number well ahead of me to inspire me to keep going (like I'd stop?).

Ahhhh, I never thought that I would ever be typing a comment into this categorie! I am 61, but can vividly remember when I first took my first scuba course and got my NASDS basic certification......seemed such a short time ago. Now with over 3000 dives under my weightbelt, I am a assistant instructor and thinking about taking a IDC/IE at the end of this year just to become an instructor again. I am associated with a dive shop in Margarita Island, Venezuela and dive 4 days a week, every week of every month. What a way to live a retirement life!

I've been diving for 39 years but am neither old nor excessivly grumpy (maybe just a bit grumpy.) I can, however, nominate my father who is still diving at 82 and can be very grumpy!

64 here and lovin it.
Valerie

DOB 8/12/38 still going strong even after a bout with stage 3 cancer 4 years ago. Diving keeps me young. Not sure when I will hang up my tanks. After diving,maybe snorkel. A super way to meet great and interesting people.

I'm sure some of you have me beat but I'm an active diver at age 64. I doubt many, if any, can top the fact that I became a Divemaster and Instructor at age 61. I was at least double the age of the next closest person in my IDC. I took the instructor exam with 45 others and no one was close to my age. I loved every minute of it. I trained in Utila where I'm sure I was the oldest person on the entire island. I can say enough about how well I was treated and respected by all the "kids" having a blast on the island.

my Mom got her open water this year at 72 she was born in 36. She was the oldest diver our instructor had ever certified. I think she logged about 30 dives this year!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom