Who logs every dive?

Do you log every dive?

• If I get wet, I log it!

Votes: 129 46.7%
  • If I was down for 10 minutes.

Votes: 96 34.8%
  • Well, if something extraordinary happened. (Found sunken treasure, shark ate buddy.)

Votes: 22 8.0%
  • What's a log book?

Votes: 29 10.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm going on 30 dives since my OW class in Feb and need to log them all with sigs to continue my diving education. Its amazing to see how much weight I've dropped since being certified.:mean:

if most of you keep a running total of hours of BT. Seems that would be a good idicator of our "experience" rather than the number of dives. i.e, someone with 50 dives and 50 hours vrs some one with 100 dives and 20 hours

BTW, I log all dives since it's nice to remember where and whom I dove with.... and tid-bits of interesting things I do/see.

tony

ps. I have just a bit over 2 weeks BT...

scubatexastony once bubbled...
if most of you keep a running total of hours of BT. Seems that would be a good idicator of our "experience" rather than the number of dives. i.e, someone with 50 dives and 50 hours vrs some one with 100 dives and 20 hours

BTW, I log all dives since it's nice to remember where and whom I dove with.... and tid-bits of interesting things I do/see.

tony

ps. I have just a bit over 2 weeks BT...

You would also want to look at conditions...if your diving cold water all the time at 60ft, you're going to use more air...thus less BT....

And I'm jealous....I only have about 52 hrs BT....

PhotoTJ once bubbled...
So, do you log every dive? Most dives?

:pirate:

I download every dive.

I stopped logging years ago, primarily because I tend to do most any given dive several times.

I log all dive now!! ever since I picked up my first dive computor.............now I'm using a Suunto Cobra, most excellent computer, and down load and print a hard copy regularly................tres cool!!

=-)

Popeye once bubbled...
I download every dive.
I stopped logging years ago, primarily because I tend to do most any given dive several times.
Same here. I haven't touched the actual logBOOK since I got out of AOW, but every dive is saved and notated in Suunto Dive Manager.

Living here in S Fla (and 5 weeks vacation) gives me the opportunity to dive 200-300 dives a year so it's way more work for me than it's worth. The ONLY time it's ever been an issue (30 years) is when a Key Largo op wanted to see it before taking me the the Grove (I didn't have AOW at the time) so I wouldn't have to pay extra for a guide/dm. I quickly forged the neccesary log info. Good thing too...the "guide" called the dive at 1500 PSI.

I'm in the water so much I don't have time to log every dive if I make. I have probably made 40 dives in the past month or so.

I do not log pool dives. I have logged every open water dive except one and that was 15 feet for 6 minutes and we called the dive because of no vis , a pretty stiff current , boat traffic and not familar enough with location.

After reading above posts I will go back and log that dive as a reminder and lesson. I hated to call it but am glad I did, in the "no vis" my buddy was having buoyancy issues and the current kept pushing us off course.

I have been diving for 2 years and log every OW dive. It helps me prepare for my next dive. I have also been able to see my improvements over time. I have dropped half of the lead I used to use on my first dives.

Back
Top Bottom