Who's going to DEMA 2015 in Orlando? Why are you going? What do you want to see?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Akimbo's suggestion got me thinking....I will suggest SB members come up with "Tough Questions" for Scuba MFG's and Training Agencies, and Pete goes around DEMA asking this list of questions to the appropriate targets :) And someone follows Pete with a Video Camera and a good microphone, so we have some entertaining investigative Journalism courtesy of Scubaboard and the NetDoc. It would make a great series of Youtube videos!!

Sorry Net Doc, I wanted to see you guys but unfortunately I will have to miss this one. I'll probably see back on the west side. Maybe Long Beach if you guys make it there next year.

Thanks,
Frank G
Z GEAR - Z Gear Dive Mounts

We always go to the Long Beach Scuba Show. It's the most important one after DEMA.

Hmmm. I'd argue for BTS.

---------- Post added October 12th, 2015 at 02:58 PM ----------

I'll be there selling Cuba. I will have been the first liveaboard dive boat leaving from the US with all American passengers, diving in Cuba, The Coast Guard tells me that I am the first commercial passenger vessel to make the journey. I have all of 4 days from when we get back till show opening to develop marketing information, set pricing, hire staff, determine itineraries, and sell trips.

Or, I'll be in jail with my boat impounded. In which case, please leave donations for bail in the booth. I'll send someone by to pick it up.

---------- Post added October 12th, 2015 at 03:02 PM ----------

Going to pass this year. Also agree about the marketing seminars being of little or no use. Prefer it when our reps come to the shop and give some personal attention. More time and less distraction.

Interesting. We visited 100 dive shops in 2013. Walked in every door from Florida up through Ohio, swung around through PA to NYC, and south down the coast. We did not visit you because, in NYC we got a call for a charter and it was balls-out to get back to Florida to run an unexpected 10 day. With 100 shop visits, and follow up phone calls and e-mails, we got exactly zero interest. Nothing. Nada.

Unfortunately DEMA dates coincide with my kids Fall break and I'll be doing several college campus visits with my daughter... none of which are in Orlando.

larry and i are going, because i'm a nosy social butterfly and i talked both him and our lds into it!

I haven't decided yet .... but most likely is a no.
I just got back from the AAUS symposium in Key West (which was very good for us) and I think I had enough of Florida for this year :D

I think for now on we are going to focus on dive shows so we can talk directly to end users.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

I will be there. Iwill be spending my first 2 days going through the Oceanic/ Hollis OC & CCRrepair courses. The rest of the time, I will likely be stopping in on various general seminars & looking around. Hope to see & meet some new folk whilst there.

---------- Post added October 19th, 2015 at 02:00 PM ----------

Not going either. SP isn't holding a reg clinic at that venue as far as I can tell. I have to wait for BTS.

I went to the SP repair seminars 2yrs ago. They did notadvertise their courses on DEMA's site. In order to register, my shop had to email our SP rep to get the registraion & information about the repair courses. They will likely be there, they just are not obvious about the courses. I saw them turn away many who wanted to take the courses, but were not affiliated with a SP dealership.

Yeah, DEMA doesn't have all the classes listed mostly because the various vendors don't want just anybody trying to get in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom