Why are you called.....The Great Screen Name Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

my first name starts with the letter C and I am a total clutz. Not clutz as in can't walk without tripping (tho that is true) more like such a clutz that I fell down while standing still once... I managed to trip myself. Hence, graceful - c :eyemouth:

Diver Dennis:
Hey, wait a minute...This thread just got smaller! :D
shrinkage factor when someone mentioned realllllllllllll cold :14:

With a name like Penelope, I get all sorts of odd mispronunciations of my name by telemarketers and such. Penopoly (rhymes with monopoly) was my favorite. Peenilopee is another favorite.

Pants is a word that my friends frequently use to describe something really interesting and fun, or when they're really excited about something – like scuba! And I'm definitely excited about scuba. :)

Penopolypants:
With a name like Penelope

you won't belive this, but when i was a kid, i had a pet turtle that
i named Penelope

(after Odysseus' wife)

(was i a geek or what?)

:D

Shaka - Shark, Zulu - Africa........my home country.

Three pretty women and I were at a table - drunk - and just BS'ing. Somehow the talk must have turned to my truck, and perhaps the Dry Tortugas camping trip I had done a few months earlier, as I recall stating that I did have a CD of mambo music (Perez Prado) in the truck that was awesome for cruising down through the keys. I do recall one of the girls calling me, then, Mambo Dave (can ya tell I can't recall much?). By the end of the night, when they put my number into their cell phones, my name went in as ... you guessed it.

As it was given under such friendly circumstances, I thought the name sounded good enough to use here.

H2Andy:
you won't belive this, but when i was a kid, i had a pet turtle that
i named Penelope

(after Odysseus' wife)

(was i a geek or what?)

:D

It seems like very few people know the origin of the name, so geek, definitely. :D

Since I'm a geek, and most of the best people I know are geeks, this is a good thing!

Back
Top Bottom