Why are you called.....The Great Screen Name Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been off SB for a while, this seems like as good a way as any to re-establish myself.
A "flaneur" is a uninvolved specatator of life, a detached stroller of city streets. Although I've never been that cool, I do tend to wander.

I actually recieved a PM today about this very topic. Its a pretty discrete quote from the movie "Jaws". When Chief Brody is on the beach just before the little boy is attacked, an old man in a swim cap starts "making fun" of Brody. he retorts by saying "Thats some bad hat, Harry" causing an abrupt end to the conversation. a little omage to the movie business. my real name is Dave, but everyone calls me "Harry" here. i dont mind, its kind of funny.

I think we had a thread like this a while back..but my name is raya because its ray in spanish, and thats where I live normally..Eagle rays and mantas are my favorite creatures to see whilst out diving.

I'm calling out OE2X. I've been trying to figure out the interpretation of your screen name ever since I signed up.

-Ben M.

I have been going by BlueDolphin for years and years (1996 to be exact), I am Bluedolphin practically everywhere, but when I singed up here I found someone had "stolen" my name...LOL, so I just put my first name in front of it. Not terribly creative but it works.

The BlueDolphin comes from the book, "Island of the Blue Dolphins", by Scott O'Dell, it was my favorite book growing up and probably still is to this day. I had actually hoped to dive San Nicolas Island when I lived in CA, but it never happened. Mostly because it was used heavily by the military and it was pretty advanced, too much so for me at the time.

Most folks call me "Wilkie" or "Dave" ,but I didn't want to get into the Dave thing, there's too manny "Daves" to fight ,"Wilkie" suits me fine,and there arnt that many WILKIE'S I've been ok with several nickmames, and have assinged them to others in the past,

Mine is a local abreviation/nickname of my first name, Aaron.

When I was in the Army I was known as Bomber because my last name is a famous WWII bomber, and because of the fondness I had back then for blowing **** up

Back
Top Bottom