Why do I need a Nitrox certification?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just finished PADI's Nitrox 40%. There were no suprises or I didn't know that moments, except for the EAD table. We were informed there will bo NO dives for this cert. I could have bought a book and tables and have been good to go. Glad I got a $30.00 discount anyway.

Kind of my thought on a nitrox class. I mix my own nitrox. I can read the table, and calc my MOD. Perhaps when I go on a dive vacation where i need nitrox, I'll take the class just to have the c card for nitrox, but until then, I'll make my own.

for your average openwater diver thats not smart/motivated enough to research themselves the class gives them all the info they need to dive safley and it also teachs them how to adjust there cpy/table to account for usuing it. is it the best course out there no maybe not but its definatly important for your average diver that wants to use it

---------- Post added May 1st, 2012 at 07:39 PM ----------

and if you do PADI elearning the classroom part is almost all practical

PADI #70153 Enriched Air Diver Specialty Manual with tables (Imperial) Leisure Pro 41.95 There ya go all you need. Take an online test mail the card. Total cost MAX should be $60.00. A little room for processing and a modest profit for XXXX Agency.

How do you figure 60$, the elearning course is $205? And you still need to take 2 dives it says with an instructor.

How do you figure 60$, the elearning course is $205? And you still need to take 2 dives it says with an instructor.

I don't think the PADI course requires any dives. What is the agency you are referencing?

What does it cost?
The PADI Enriched Air Diver course online is $205 (US) nonrefundable. The fee covers the knowledge development training as well as unlimited access to the PADI Enriched Air Diver manual online. Your PADI Dive Center or Resort will charge an additional fee for participation in the Practical Application session and enriched air training dives, or predive simulations. Contact your PADI Dive Center or Resort regarding these additional costs.

SEI requires 2 dives with the course for certification. Luckily I had a great instructor and was able to take the class for a whopping total of $50 including all the materials, c-card, and dives.

What does it cost?
The PADI Enriched Air Diver course online is $205 (US) nonrefundable. The fee covers the knowledge development training as well as unlimited access to the PADI Enriched Air Diver manual online. Your PADI Dive Center or Resort will charge an additional fee for participation in the Practical Application session and enriched air training dives, or predive simulations. Contact your PADI Dive Center or Resort regarding these additional costs.

$ 210 where I go. It does not require any dives though, just e learning and classroom. No dives.

$ 210 where I go. It does not require any dives though, just e learning and classroom. No dives.

Paid $150 a few weeks ago for the course at a LDS. Dives were optional, would have added $30. The requirement is for the gas analysis.

I just finished PADI's Nitrox 40%. There were no suprises or I didn't know that moments, except for the EAD table. We were informed there will bo NO dives for this cert. I could have bought a book and tables and have been good to go. Glad I got a $30.00 discount anyway.

I bet you probably had a pretty good idea of how to drive before you went to the DMV for the first time to get your driving license too...but you still went. I have been able to sit in on several nitrox classes from different instructors. It can be very in depth if the instructor wants it to be. Perhaps not everyone in the class was as familiar with the subject as you were. If you didn't learn anything find another instructor or consider taking advance nitrox.

I don't understand why some people have difficulty understanding why they have to take a course in order to acquire a specific fill or conduct a specific dive. I could probably learn to fly a plane between books and the internet, but should I be allowed to?

Back
Top Bottom