Why do you like diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is the thought of being in the water, away from reality on dry land, being almost one with nature, at a sedentary pace. Heck, I even enjoyed my rescue class in the pool last Friday as I got to be in the water with a regulator in my mouth. Think I need to build myself a roman bath!!! Seeing one fish makes a dive special. Seeing one fish seeing you and know you are both seeing each other...man, way out :wink:

1. It's the closest thing to flying

2. It's completely different from anything else I've done

3. At the time...I think of absolutely nothing else.

all of the above and then some...

underwater life is truly peaceful... no politics, religion, economics, strife... it's just you, your air supply and the water around you... your buddy can be 2 feet away but it's sooooo easy to zone him out...

diving gives me a real reason to be good at my job

Jag

how at the end of a good dive you can be entirely relaxed and have a great buzz at the same time...even after the narcosis wears off!!

I also like to look at things around me and the deep blue(green) beyond, it mesmerizes me, like the ocean has some mystical force that pulls you towards what you cannot see.
Also I like it because it makes me forget about midterms and finals =/

That is like asking a drug addict why they like crack. I tried it once and now I just need a fix! Just a small hit that's all! I can stop any time I want!
Jason

deff agree with freediver, nothing better having a hard week at work than to get away either with a buddy or solo and get underwater... kinda seems to put things into perspective cos I always feel better when I get out of the water!

Kennedydive:
That is like asking a drug addict why they like crack. I tried it once and now I just need a fix! Just a small hit that's all! I can stop any time I want!
Jason

Too true!

It pretty much changed my life. I now have something I love, that I want to work at. It's given me confidence I never knew I had. And I've met some fabulous people.

Surely a better question would be how can you NOT love diving!

Nauticalbutnice :fruit:

At this point, I dive because I'm obsessed with it.

Paco:
At this point, I dive because I'm obsessed with it.
It's a thrill to be able to breathe underwater! It''s like you are a super human for a little while. But at the same time you are very vulnerable down there. This adds to the thrill- the danger component that a lot of people seek. Not to mention the intensely beautiful scenery!
It's also a release of tension. Some times when I'm stressed from a hard day, I come home, put on a tank and just zone out on the bottom of my pool and watch my bubbles percolate to the surface. It's therapy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom